Quote:
Right but there are some here who are like why didn't you like this or why didn't you like that? What is this 60 minutes?
Well when films generally considered great pieces of art or old classics as classified as boring or stupid, people usually want to know why, if there's any worthy reason aside personal taste. It's one thing to say "I didn't care for this, although it was a very well made film." and "It was stupid." Lawrence of Arabia is a film that did get boring at several points as far as my entertainment goes. It was a long film with a plot that I didn't care for as far as history goes, but I rate it ****, because it is one of the greatest epics ever made. Think about it, if I rated films based on entertainment of all things, then Goldeneye would be better then Lawrence of Arabia. I'll relate to this point with another art form, music. What if someone came on here and said that The Beatles sucked and their music was a bore? A band generally considered one of the greats being called stupid or boring by someone who has different musical tastes. An example is that I don't care for Green Day's music, but I have a lot of respect for them, because they are a great band. Sure if you said tomorrow that Citizen Kane was a stupid, pointless film then you'd get jumped on, and you tell us it's your opinion. If someone did the same to something you liked, you'd jump on them.

Quote:
Again, not all of us here on this board are trying to win "Review of the week"
I wasn't aware writing reviews was a competition. At the Movie Boards it's common for members to write reviews (although it’s in a drought at the moment). We post them here too because we'd like to hear other opinions.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006