I, for one, welcome the news.

I mean, hey, if we in NYC can have a statue of Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden right outside the entrance to the Port Authority Bus Terminal...

Parts of the article are, ah...interesting:

The two commission members who voted against the move, artist Moe Brooker and University of the Arts president Miguel Angel Corzo, said the site was inappropriate.

"It's not a work of art and ... it doesn't belong there," said Brooker, a professor at Moore College of Art and Design. Rocky's battle to the top "is a concept, it is an idea, and ideas don't need justification in terms of objects."

[Bull. -Signor V.]

Corzo suggested that he might resign from the commission over the vote, saying that placing the pugilist near the museum goes against the commission's desire to "raise the standards of the city."

He said the issue for him was not whether the statue was art, pointing out the debatable aesthetic value of some of the Philadelphia museum's works — for example, a porcelain urinal by avant-garde artist Marcel Duchamp. But he questioned whether Rocky deserved to be neighbors with sculptures such as Rodin's "The Thinker," which sits nearby on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

If the museum has the cojones to have a porcelain urinal as an exhibit, then I fail to see the argument of the rest of the paragraph.

Anyway, now we will have another reason to return to Philadelphia - the first, of course, being La Veranda!

Signor V.

--------------------
"Yo!"

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."