(cont'd)

After a drink there, we practically crawled all the way to Pier 3 where dinner was waiting at La Veranda ! As stated previously, we had a TERRIFIC meal by our TERRIFIC Tony-Montana-imitating waitor Franco! Reserved under "the Godfather crew" we had our own room, and were presented with TERRIFIC courses that mostly resembled Party Menu A , but Franco added even more dishes, even some not on the menu. The veal chop melted in my mouth - I think it was the best in the city! Too bad I couldn't finish it all after many servings of antipasti and pasta beforehand! I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Philly - and I certainly will make it back one of these days!

I only took one picture there because I thought it came out kinda dark (before I retouched it), and others were taking table shots anyway:

DMC, Becky & Miggy after stuffing themselves

We originally thought about hitting the Las Vegas Lounge afterwards, but we were all kinda pooped! But I must add some of us almost lost our dinners after a harrowing cab ride back to the hotel! I've driven in cabs many times in my life, but this was probably the worst - especially being in the front seat without a seatbelt! The highlight was when, after the cabby did a U-turn in the middle of the street, Signor Vitelli said, "Nice work, Lou"

After a brief refresh, TIS insisted on going back to the Independence Brew Pub to take in some more rap! After playing Quarters with 3 pitchers of beer, we were all having a grand ol' time! Right, Giggles?

After a full day, I was pretty excited to get a full night's sleep. So after some good-byes to friends we probably weren't going to see the next morning, DMC proceeded to keep me up all night yet again! :p So, the next morning, with bloodshot eyes... TIS, SV, DMC and myself ended up at the Midtown II diner for an okay breakfast and to discuss a possible West Coast 2007 trip -- already!

It was a great trip, and I'm so sorry to those who had to cancel at the last minute! Hopefully we'll see each other again soon!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations