GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 740 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,592
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,537
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,329
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123031
08/21/06 06:52 PM
08/21/06 06:52 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:

I think everyone hit the sack fairly early Friday night -- except for me who was kept up most of the night by DMC who insisted on keeping on drinking all night! :p
yup

Incase anyone is wondering thats my beer in the picture of DC, since I seem to have not gotten any pictures taken of me in the bar

And no pictures of the staring contest? That seemed to go on for a very long time lol

I must say in my unbiased opinion this DMC guy seems like quite the party animal......and very easy on the eyes too

Quote:
After a brief refresh, TIS insisted on going back to the Independence Brew Pub to take in some more rap! After playing Quarters with 3 pitchers of beer, we were all having a grand ol' time! Right, Giggles?
That was easily the best night, I particularly liked the rivalries that were forming during quarters, if I didn't know any better I'd have thought Mr. Babe was trying to get JG a little liqoured up and just about everyone else was trying to get me a little tipsy lol.

I think it was about a tie between me and Mr. Babe for making the most people drink. Someone :cough: becky :cough: seemed to abuse the 2 try rule sometimes though lol, and I think Mrs. Babe *MAY* have had the most to drink.

Quote:
After a full day, I was pretty excited to get a full night's sleep. So after some good-byes to friends we probably weren't going to see the next morning, DMC proceeded to keep me up all night yet again! [Razz]
I was up til about 5:30 in the morning, the WUSS fell asleep around 4..don't remember if there was any more drinking that night though lol. Your welcome for not smothering you with the pillow, although next year I think I'm getting my own room

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123032
08/21/06 08:47 PM
08/21/06 08:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
JG - That was great!! I LOVE your torpedo! But you must give photo credit to Mr. Babe, who obviously has a very sick and dirty mind.

Please tell me this, whatever could've been on the floor of the Mosholu that fascinated me so? I seem to be staring at the floor in every one of those photos! And why oh why do you have so very MANY photos of DMC?? AND you were roomies! Hmmmmmmm.....

Thanks so much for sharing! It was terrific to see them.

Love,
Giggles

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123033
08/21/06 09:31 PM
08/21/06 09:31 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Thanks so much for the visual and written account of the trip, JG - I was going to be extremely upset if nobody ended up posting photos!!!

It looks like y'all had tons of fun...I'm so glad you were all able to get together.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123034
08/21/06 09:44 PM
08/21/06 09:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
(cont'd)

I've driven in cabs many times in my life, but this was probably the worst - especially being in the front seat without a seatbelt!
It took almost two years, but finally justice was served! This time I was NOT in that cab with you! But I remember one Don JG sitting in the back seat of a cab while in Chicago laughing his ass off when one Don Cardi got stuck in the front seat of the cab next to the "Cab driver from hell!"

Now you know how I felt! payback is a bitch!

Yes, we really did have a good time in Philly. But damn it, the weekend flew on by! It seems like we were all there together for only about an hour!

West Coast 2007 huh? Well how about this for a venue?

http://www.rubiconestate.com/site.php

Interesting.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123035
08/21/06 09:58 PM
08/21/06 09:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Gina, your ears should've been ringing. You, Willy and the Astros were mentioned several times.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123036
08/21/06 10:01 PM
08/21/06 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Gina, your ears should've been ringing. You, Willy and the Astros were mentioned several times.
Yeah, my pick of Willy on Friday night was the topic of many a conversation

the pick MAY somehow be related to JG's comment about staying up and drinking but I can't confirm or deny that

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123037
08/21/06 10:08 PM
08/21/06 10:08 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I was going to guess that Willy was the most popular of those topics, and it seems DM's post has confirmed that. :p

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123038
08/21/06 10:09 PM
08/21/06 10:09 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Great pictures and narrative Geoff!! That would have taken me a day to do.

Re the cab ride from hell you should have seen it from our angle. Their expressions were priceless and said it all. First Becky comes out all red faced and shocked saying "Oh my God!" Then exits Mig who looked scared to death, followed by Vitelli shaking his head looking like he had just been thru the wringer. As Geoff exits he too, like the others is in the state of shock mouthing "Oh my God!". It was priceless. We knew something had happened. You guys have all the fun!!! If Cardi had been there it wouldn't have happened. He'd simply kick the driver out and drive himself.

Oh yea, and as far as the rap music goes. I just can't seem to get that catchy tune (actually it did seem like one long drawn out song) out of my head. :rolleyes:

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123039
08/22/06 10:20 AM
08/22/06 10:20 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Very nice. That's the way to enjoy life.

Thank you all for the fine photos and accounts. I look forward to more.

I'm glad you got to the Moshulu. I was in Philly last Wednesday night for the Phillies game and as I was heading out toward the Schuylkill I saw a billboard for it and regretted that I didn't suggest it. I meant to post it, however the next day I was off to Pittsburgh with the family and it slipped my feeble mind.

JG, how did you enjoy the Franklin Museum? I found it to be interesting. Too bad so little of his house remains.

DC, Sorry the Pat's steak wasn't better. Maybe the whiz wit would have been better. When you return, you might want to check out Tony Luke's for an Italian roast pork sandwich with melted provolone. You can actually get one of these at the Tony Luke's stand at Citizen's Bank Park for $7.50. (My 8 year old daughter says it's a bargain because it's so big and you can still taste it long after you've finished it).

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123040
08/22/06 04:14 PM
08/22/06 04:14 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I FINALY made it back home a few minutes ago. But, before I go on with my thoughts on the BB weekend I just want to apologise for my depressed mood Saturday afternoon and the rest of the evening. I recieved a phone call that my 10 year old son who was in KY. with his dad was sick and not being there with him and not knowing all the details did me in.

I had a real good time being with you guys. I really wish I could see you guys more than once a year.

I got to philly about 3ish and my room wasn't ready so I met up with Cardi and his family. Went to the Mint but it was closed so we went to some visitor center looked around there for awhile waiting for Becky to get there.

Yea Friday's dinner was great. Thanks for finding that place for us Signor Vitelli. Me and Mrs. Cardi each ordered a 1/2 order of spaghetti. It seemed like the more we ate of it the less it went away. I was starving but I couldn't finish it. I had a real good time at the Independence Brew Pub getting to know TIS and watching you guys order round after round after round while I just drank my coke. That was a nice place to bad the music sucked. My highlight was watching Becky have a stare down contest with DMC and Cardi. I forgot who won though. Oh yeah Geoff and Cardi's Tony Montana impressions were great.

Saturday was just as great even though I recieved the news about my son. Boy was it HOT that day. It was great walking around the city with you guys. I thought the cheese steak was good. I just wish I enjoyed it more but my nerves was in a tail spin. The open air market was great except for the fishy smell. I was able to have my first cab ride to. I always enjoy somebody else doing the driving.

The Moshulu was great. I'm glad I was able to see another piece of GF history. Geoff that was a great pic of you but you geez you really did get excited didn't you. All your pic's were great. I took some but I haven't a clue on how to post them.

I guessed it helped making the reservation at the La Veranda under the name Godfather Crew, having a room all to ourselves and the big table. I kept waiting for the Don's from other parts of the country to come in. Franco was the best. He was so helpful and explaining things to me. BTW Thanks again to Vitelli for telling me and Becky what all that food was. Like others have mentioned if you go to Philly go there for dinner and see if you can get Franco as your waiter. It was great him and Cardi talking like Tony Montana.

And the cab ride from Hell OMG I wanted to kiss the ground when I got out of the cab. The only thing good about is was Vitelli saying Nice work Lou and I didn't have to walk.

Then back to the Independence Brew Pub to chill the rest of the evening. It was right by the hotel so that was nice. The famous quarter game. It took me like a hundred tries(big surprise there huh) but I finally got one in. SB tell Mr Babe I have a year to practice but I'll get as good as he is. And DMC and Geoff and Becky. Cardi I'm sorry that you left early. Once SB starts laughing she can't stop. The music still sucked but I really enjoyed the company.

Me and Becky got to bed around 2am but we got woke up by an obscene phone call. Actually Becky answered the phone. And she complained when we checked out so the Mgr. called my cell phone Sunday on our way to KY. and she is going to send us a gift certificate for a percentage off on our next vist to the Hilton Garden Inn next time we go to Philly.

It was a LONG 10 hour drive to Kentucky. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown by the time we got there. I was wanting to get there and see my son(s).

Me and Becky had a really great time with you. We've come to the conclusion that you all live to far away from us so you guys will have to move closer to us. Thanks for everything. And DMC thanks for helping me out you are the best. I am so tired from all the driving I've been doing for the past few days. I'm going to bed.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123041
08/22/06 04:57 PM
08/22/06 04:57 PM

Quote:
My highlight was watching Becky have a stare down contest with DMC and Cardi. I forgot who won though.
If my memory serves me correctly (yeah I had a few by then so I doubt it does ) It was Becky vs. JG or Cardi, don't remember which and one of them lost....and Becky called it a tie after what seemed like minutes when she faced me. Ok so I'm the official staring and quarters champion lol.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123042
08/22/06 05:07 PM
08/22/06 05:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I arrived in Maryland today. Checked into the hotel, had some lunch, played a round of Mini-Golf with the family, and now am back at the hotel having a drink while making this post.

Now about the staring contests:

You're all a bunch of rookies. Have a couple of drinks and you can't remember anything.

DMC and Becky had a stare down and it was a draw. Then Becky and I had a stare down which seemed to go on for about 10 minutes. During the staredown the waitress brought the check over. If you drunken rookies remember, she came back for payment and without ever taking my eyes away I reached on the table, still keeping my stare with Becky's, picked up the check and the money and handed it to the waitress, all the while never losing focus with my stare. And with that Becky cracked up and conceded that she lost because I never once broke my stare in all of that. Bunch of drunken forget everything rookies!

TIS, doesn't the Crown Royal go down much smoother than the Seagrams? Cardi never steers you wrong.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123043
08/22/06 05:18 PM
08/22/06 05:18 PM

So maybe it was JG who lost first and then we tied (I think we both gave up ) and then you.....

I wouldn't second guess Cardi though, he always tells the truth, even when he lies, mang.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123044
08/22/06 05:39 PM
08/22/06 05:39 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Me and my family had a great time in Philly. It was great to hang out with everyone again and to see new faces for the 1st time. Maybe next time I can get the Hotel right.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123045
08/22/06 05:40 PM
08/22/06 05:40 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
You're all a bunch of rookies. Have a couple of drinks and you can't remember anything.
Don Cardi
Excuse me Cardi I think your brain has gone soft from all that Royal Crown you drank Friday night and being in the presence of 3 beautiful women.

What did I drink? :p You did do a good job at that contest. But I challenge you to a staring contest next time I see you.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123046
08/22/06 05:45 PM
08/22/06 05:45 PM
California

California
I don't remember Geoff in a stare-down, but I remember it as DC says. He didn't take his eyes away when the waitress came for the money. And DMC and Becky's stare-down went on for a while too. Quarter game, stare-downs....games to play while drinking.

On another note, Smitty, I wish I had more time to talk to you and your wife. You're daughter is just darling.

Mig, glad you made it home safely and hope your son is doing better.

On yet another note, what does a gal have to do to get a Dr. Pepper in this town??? I walked in and out of several different places before I found one that sold Dr. Pepper. Normally I'll settle for a Root Beer or something, but today it just had to be Dr. Pepper.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123047
08/22/06 08:16 PM
08/22/06 08:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I don't remember Geoff in a stare-down, but I remember it as DC says. He didn't take his eyes away when the waitress came for the money.
Actually I did, but only lasted maybe 5 seconds each time so I gave up!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123048
08/22/06 08:23 PM
08/22/06 08:23 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Hey TIS - Did you run into the Naked Cowboy again yet?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123049
08/22/06 08:27 PM
08/22/06 08:27 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Gosh, just seeing all these posts, I really miss you guys so much. Mig, how is your boy doing?? I was concerned.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123050
08/22/06 08:33 PM
08/22/06 08:33 PM
California

California
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Hey TIS - Did you run into the Naked Cowboy again yet?

Ha ha ha!! Well, as a matter of fact I did. Not quite as funny the second time but I still get a chuckle. I didn't go up to him or put money in his underwear though. :p

However, there was this young girl getting her picture taken with him and I assume she asked him to put his hand on her butt as someone snapped the picture.

TIS

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123051
08/22/06 08:36 PM
08/22/06 08:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS, Glad to see that you're enoying the full NYC experience.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123052
08/23/06 07:22 AM
08/23/06 07:22 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Wow, it looks like you guys had a FANTASTIC time!! Great pictures, great stories.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123053
08/23/06 11:41 AM
08/23/06 11:41 AM
California

California
Hey Zia,

You wouldn't have believed it. In Philly(as well as NY) they are serious about not crossing on a red light. Unlike CA when it says "Do Not Cross", you just don't or you get your ass run over. Those silly "right coasters". :p Just yesterday I came extremely close to getting hit by this speeding bicyclist.

Btw Zia, next year I'm dragging you with me. We need more Californians at these things..you know to even it out.

TIS

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123054
08/23/06 01:58 PM
08/23/06 01:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
We need more Californians at these things..you know to even it out.

TIS
Maybe you should try bringing The Molinari Family with you next time! :p

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123055
08/23/06 04:06 PM
08/23/06 04:06 PM

So I've started saving for next year, where we goin'?

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123056
08/23/06 05:47 PM
08/23/06 05:47 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
How about Cleveland So Mama won't have to drive so far.

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123057
08/23/06 10:25 PM
08/23/06 10:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Don Cardi cool

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123058
08/23/06 10:26 PM
08/23/06 10:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Mama, how about driving to St. Paul?

Gangster Tours

Landmark Center in downtown St. Paul offers tours by costumed guides portraying the likes of Ma Barker, John Dillinger, and Alvin "Creepy" Karpis detailing their experiences. Free on the last Sunday of each month at 1 p.m. Reservations required. Many gangsters flocked to St. Paul during the 1930s, and holed up in the Wabasha Street Caves before ending up at the courthouse. Tours of these caves are also offered.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123059
08/23/06 10:42 PM
08/23/06 10:42 PM

Sounds good to me

I'll be at the Marquette, who wants to join me?

Re: 2006 GangsterBB Convention #123060
08/23/06 10:57 PM
08/23/06 10:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I will, but only if you wear your new GF shirt.

Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull