This really is a shame...

The whole idea of the weekend is to be together, presumably in the same hotel where we can stay up late and not worry about anyone having to drive or anything other than stumbling back to their rooms.

Presumably every smoker going is used to not being able to smoke in bars any more. Granted, it'd be nice after it's been banned in NY, NJ, CA, etc, but now (presumably) most bars and all restaurants in Philly won't allow it come later this Summer (if the bill turns to law).

I would PREFER that we all stay put according to plan, but understand if some don't want to. However, I will have a problem if enough people switch hotels that those staying won't get the group rate that Becky & Miggy worked so hard for us to get.

As a smoker, I have NO problem staying in a smoke-free hotel. And I certainly don't want to have to pay twice as much for another hotel simply so I don't have to go outside for a cigarette.

Listen - It totally SUCKS for smokers these days, it just gets worse and worse. I hate it - and have really strong opinions about it - but I'm getting used to it. If I just can't resist the urge, a cracked window and a possible fine is fine with me.

But if some want to switch -- and it doesn't effect our group rate -- that's fine with me. If everyone switches, that's fine, too. I really don't care at this point, but just wanted to enter my opinion. :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations