Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[qb] I think we take a vote...and THEN depending on how that goes, decide on what hotel to switch to.

Time for a new poll. JGeoff? Don Cardi?
Polls in this case are bullshit. When we took a poll for the restaurants, we had more votes placed than people actually going. You and I both know that some of the wise asses on the boards cast their vote in that poll just to throw things off.

And secondly, vote or no vote, if someone is paying for something, with their hard earned money, then who is anyone to tell them where they have to sleep and what and where they have to eat?

Yes, we try to come to an amicable agreement so that we can reap the benefit of spending as much time together as we can, for that is why we have these get togethers. But if someone is going to be totally uncomfortable while they are in their room, or totally uncomfortable with what they are eating, well then why should they have to be made to feel that way? They should speak up!

I've stated my feelings about this. I didn't book a smoking room, so I'm not personally affected by this change in policy. But I totally understand how others can feel pissed off about what the hotel did.

If someone is totally uncomfortable with staying at The Hilton Garden Inn and decides that they want to go to another hotel, then that is there perrogative. Just like it is yours to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn if everyone else decides not to.

If I were affected by this change in policy, then my next choice would be the Wyndham/Sheraton, for the reasons that I stated in my other post.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.