Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Ok I'm confused why is the hotels that DC & SB talking about not following the no smoking law
Because the NO SMOKING law only applies to restaurants, indoor public places and Bars. The hotel took it upon themselves to take the law a step further and implement a 100% no smoking policy throughout the entire hotel. The no smoking policy in the hotel rooms themselves has nothing to do with the law itself, which again, was passed for restaurants, bars and public indoor places. It was not passed for hotel rooms.

When you really think about it, the hotel took people's reservations in advance, offered them the option of a smoking or a non-smoking room, and then after offering that option to it's customers who booked in advance, decided that they would change their policy. Again, I booked a non smoking room, so it really doesn't matter to me. But for those who booked a smoking room and now are being told that they cannot have a smoking room, they have every right in the world to be pissed off.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.