When I first saw this news about the no smoking policy of this hotel, I had a "Sonny" reaction and instead of thinking things out first, I immedeatly made a post in haste.

But after giving it some thought, I'll tell you what I now feel.

When I go away, I usually do NOT book a smoking room, as my wife and my children do not need to have me smoking in the room. Like TIS, I also do NOT smoke in my home. I step outside to have a smoke.

Now when I booked this hotel, I booked a non smoking room. However I did so with the impression that I could go down to the lounge and light up if I needed to smoke.

Now many of you did book a room that allowed smoking. I remember clear as day that when I called, I was given the same option.

So basically as far as smoking in the room goes, it didn't and doesn't matter to me. And as far as the Hotel being 100% smoke free, well it means that we cannot smoke in the lounge either.

So even if we switch hotels, as far as smoking in the bar/lounge, we still will not be able to do it under the new law.

But for those who booked the room under the impression that they would be getting a smoking room, what the hotel has done to them is really not fair, and they have a legitimate gripe.

Whatever the majority decides is fine by me, because as I said, I booked a non smoking room anyway, and now no matter what hotel I go to, I cannot smoke in the bar anyway.

The smokers who were given the option and took a smoking room are the ones that need to decide what they want to do. And I'll go with whatever the decision is.

Mig and Becky - I know that I speak for everyone when I say that words cannot express how much we appreciate all that you have gone through in putting this thing together, and that we realize how hard Becky worked to get us a group rate.

The hotel definitely is at fault here, because as SC and a few others have said, there is absolutely no way that the hotel did not know this when they originally booked our rooms and offered us the option of smoking or non smoking rooms.

And that is absolutely no reflection on Becky or Mig. They both did a bang up job with putting all this together. And I think that we all must step back and really consider what went into getting this thing organized in the first place.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.