Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:

La Veranda is the place I mentioned in my earlier post. Very, very good - if you like Italian. And I was serious earlier when I said the rumor is that it is owned and run by the mob. Not sure there is any truth is that but regardless, I thought this place was fantastic. Nice ambience, dimly lit, low music - and the food was great, as was their service. The type of place where they have multiple waiters waiting on you - a few at a time and we were only there with another couple. Price wise, I didn't think it was overly expensive - a bit on the high side for Italian but over all a fair price for what you get. Again both good places - I prefer La Veranda over Chart House given the choice and would recommend that.

If it is where I think - walking off that pasta along the waterfront to get some drinks and dessert at the Moshulu may turn out to be a good night for everyone.

Thank you Big Daddy.

I don't know about the rest of you, but La Veranda sounds perfect to me for our Saturday night dinner. Then as Big Daddy said, we can walk over to The Moshulu and have some drinks.

La Veranda is a beautiful restaurant with fabulous Italian cuisine, a friendly atmosphere and superior service. Known for it’s incredible River view, La Veranda is both romantic and relaxed. You’ll be able to enjoy the view from almost anywhere. We invite you to sample our wonderful anti-pasta, fabulous fish dishes, variety of tasty pastas and meats all done in front of you on an open grill. We welcome large private parties, anniversaries and other romantic evenings. La Veranda offers an extensive wine list and is open for lunch and dinner.

What does everyone who is going to be there on Saturday think?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.