Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Hey I really don't care where we eat as long as the menu has food other than seafood. Seafood does not get along with me and, I don't feel like being sick the rest of the evening.
That's too bad, cuz Bookbinders is the most famous restaurant in Philly, but it's mostly seafood (apart from a couple filet mignon ( ) and other non-seafood dishes)... it just reopened after a 3 year renovation.

Quote:
Old Original Bookbinder’s has long been a Philadelphia landmark, and host to Presidents, local politicians, countless international dignitaries and celebrities. For over a century, it has been considered Philadelphia’s prime dining spot and social mecca. In the 1950's and 1960's, devotees of its famous five-pound lobsters included Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Sinatra and Julius Irving ("Dr. J"). In later years, Bookbinder’s continued to attract a celebrated following including David Bowie, Madonna, and Mohammad Ali, who dined alongside local residents and tourists.
[ more ]

This is a place I definitely would like to try -- perhaps Sunday Brunch at least?

I'm going to pose this again, since no one seemed to care the last time I stated my opinion.... :p

We're going to Philadelphia. I think it'd be more special to go to places that are "famously Philly" -- or at least unique.

For instance, The Moshulu not only is unique in that there is only one on the planet, it's also a major "character" from GF2. As fans of GF2, I think we should definitely hit that one of the two nights, regardless. Even if the food sucks, we gotta go!

My vote would be for Saturday, since that's when we'll all be there.

Shula's is a fine joint, but it's a chain. There are two dozen of them scattered across our fair land. We went to the one in Chicago -- a major beef city. Nothing could've been better probably. But we're going to Philly -- and Shula's isn't unique to Philly.

Again, I really don't care THAT much, I'd be happy to go there, and enjoy it, ...but don't you think going to something unique to Philly would be more fun than going to a chain restaurant?

At the very least..... Bookbinders has Sunday Brunch from 11-3. I think those of us who like seafood should go. (Not sure how expensive it is - they don't list the prices...)

Another definite would be Saturday lunch at Pat's, or somewhere else that has authentic Philly cheese steak!

I don't know much about Philly, or what else is good or not. Perhaps someone who lives near there could help us out a bit. *ahem* Isn't "Sugar Daddy" around there? *cough*

So...... now let's hear what you think.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations