Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm as definite as I can be for something that is nine months away, which is probably really all that anyone can say at this point.

I'd hate to be the one with a last minute problem or emergency that kills the group rate for everyone else.

If the choice is between $119 at the Wyndham, guaranteed, or $89 at the Hilton, but if we fall short with our group size we have to pay $200, I'd prefer the Wyndham.

Good point Plaw.

Mig and Becky's efforts are really appreciated and I thank them for all they are trying to do.

But it would be a shame if they go through all this to get us a group rate and then several have to cancel for whatever reason and blow the group rate.

I think that rate jumps up to over $200 per night if the group rate is lost.

It wouldn't be fair to those who were still going, and more importantly it wouldn't be fair to Becky since she's the one working for the Hotel chain who's putting her reputation with her employer on the line.

EDIT : My mistake, the regular rate for that Hilton is $150 - $180 per night for friday to saturday. Then from Saturday to Sunday, the site says that there are NO rooms availble.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.