Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
....Newark, where you can be rocked to sleep by the soothing sound of sporadic gunfire of yet another drive-by shooting.... Nope, I think I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
I had to show up in Newark several years ago to be fingerprinted for my pending adoption...it was about a 20 minute drive from my home. To tell you the truth, the 'business' district really was not so bad, even bordering 'pleasant'. Same probably goes for the area near the airport where I think all the hotels under consideration would be.

As for Philadelphia/NYC...wonderful cities that they are there are definitely parts of it where the identical same thing could be said regarding 'drive-by' shootings, so I hope we don't continue stereotyping certain areas.

I still like the Secaucus idea put forth by plawrence...not that I'm voting or anything.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON