Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Do they have that statue that they used in that Rocky movie there or is that just a prop for the movie?
I remember reading about a controversy a while back where the city and the Museum were fighting over who would absorb the cost of taking down and removing the statue. So I don't know if it is still there or not. I'll do some searching.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Plaw, isn't there a mint? I remember visiting Philly as a kid, and going to a mint.

Apple, I don't know the outcome, but wasn't there some sort of controversy over the Rocky statue? I believe that Sly wanted to donate it to the city after the movie, and they really didn't want it. I don't remember what happened, but do remember reading about that.
Your memory serves you well. There is a mint right in the area. I went there in May of 2002 and unfortunately at the time, they would NOT allow people inside unless you pre-registered. I believe that they did that because of 9/11 and security reasons. I am assuming that they've changed policy back to normal. We can find that out with just a phone call.

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
There's also decent shopping .
Ok Plaw, you killed me now! My wife was looking over my shoulder when I was reading your post, and she screamed out " Shopping? I'm There!!!"

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.