Well there were a lot suggestions mentioned throughout this thread, including Chicago, San Fran., D.C. I know we keep going back and forth and many suggestions sound really good.

PLaw mentioned Vegas, and more food for thought...you most likely can get great air/hotel packages to Vegas in August if you don't mind the heat. Anyone interested, and/or have never been there should browse around if you're the least interested. You'd be surprised at hotel rates that time of year, with most all of the known hotels on the strip being nice (of course gambling is where you spend most money).

All that being said, perhaps it's best to ask the "right" Coasters and vicinity (since there's more of you), how many would be willing to go to Vegas, because I'm guessing it'd be a smaller group than if we decided on the East Coast turf (so to speak ) If anyone wants, I'll be glad to check on rates/packages during that time period. I love Vegas, I love NY, both being my two favorite cities.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon