Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I did some research and found this hotel, which is exactly 7 minutes away from the Moshulu and Penn's Landing where the Moshulu and other places are located on the waterfront.
Again, not to put too fine a point on it, but Penn's Landing and the waterfront is a good 16-20 blocks from Center City.

I've been to Philly maybe 20 times in the last 8-9 years, and the only time I was down there was to eat in one of the trendy restaurants.

Believe me, as far as I'm concerned, aside from the Mosholu there really aren't any "attractions" there.

We'd be much better off in Center City, where there are hotels and restaurants in all price ranges and you are walking distance to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, etc., and the all-important shopping.

Actually though, now that I think about it, why go to Philly at all when NYC is only 90 miles away?

It really has nothing to do with the fact that most of us East Coasters live closer to NYC, either.
Everything in NYC is better: Hotels, restaurants, shopping, attractions.....

Of course if you NY-NJers want to see Philly for a change of pace, that's one thing. But for the people coming from afar, going to Philadelphia when you could go to NYC is silly.

"Difficult....not impossible"