Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
OK....but what are you thanking JG for?
Fine. I'll add my 2 cents... :rolleyes:

We used to have a friendly game almost every week or two, but alas it's been a while since some have moved/gotten married, etc. I miss it. But anyway, it was very small stakes -- nickel/dime/quarter with a $5 buy-in. Everyone would put in $5, and they'd get 5c/10c/25c chips. (If you ran out of chips, you could buy more - in fact, you were encouraged to! )

We didn't play Hold'em, though. It wasn't as popular back then as it is today. We played various 7-card games. The deal would rotate after each hand, and the dealer would pick the game. The dealer would also ante for everyone at the table to keep things easier.

Sometimes we'd play one of those games where the pot rides until there's a winner -- in those games one could easily double or triple -- or even more -- their initial investment. These weren't "poker" so much, tho - like "Acey-Deucey" where you bet whether your third card will come between your first two dealt cards. Everyone antes in this one. You win, you get the pot, you lose, you MATCH the pot! I've won big and lost big in this game, as the pot can get up there. It was up to $60 one time. One time I was dealt K-3 and lost bad cuz I got another King :rolleyes: The game continues until the deck runs out, or, there's no winner.

We rarely played 5-card draw games, but a dealer could call it. I prefer 7-card stud, or some wild-card variation of it. I REALLY want to play Hold'em though the next time we get a game together.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations