I just made this tonight. I have a penchant for pizza's (yes, my non-low-carb sin), and I whipped this up tonight. It tasted pretty good, everybody liked it. I'll post more as I create them.

JJ's Artisan Style Spicy Pizza

You'll need -

• 1 - Pizza dough (yes, you can make your own, which is fun, but time consuming. I buy the stuff right from the freezer case at my local supermarket, or the bag-style where you add water and let it rise.
  • 1-1/2 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
  • 2 cups (more or less to taste) of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 fresh clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup of red onion diced
  • 1/2 cup of bell pepper diced
  • Crushed Red Pepper (to taste)
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Get your favorite pizza pan, and roll the dough out as thin as possible, evenly across the pan. This is designed to be a very thin, crispy crust, so deep dish pans aren't appropriate. Spread the sauce across the dough, leaving about 1/3 inch around the outside for the crust. Next, sprinkle the crushed red pepper all across the pizza, to taste. I like mine spicy, so I made sure to get it saturated.

Next, throw on that mozzarella. Don't be afraid if it is a bit thin, it will work itself out in the over. Just be sure to cover the entire pizza evenly, or else you'll get burn spots in the oven where the cheese is too thin, and globs of uncooked cheese where there is too much. Next, toss on the onions, peppers, and minced garlic, evenly across the pie. Now, take the olive oil, and generously sprinkle it all across the pizza, so as to infuse with the vegetables, and bring out the natural garlic flavors. Finally, you top it with the parmesan cheese. You can add pepperoni here at this step, but I thought it would be too oily for a pizza designed to be spicy with earthy olive oil flavors.

Pop that baby in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Pull it out when the timer is done, and make sure the crust is thoroughly crisp, with no uncooked spots (if so, my trick is to actually slide it off the pan and right onto the oven rack so it gets more heat. You can even put it on a lower level in the oven if possible).

I served mine with a nice green salid with a balsamic vinegrette, I thought an italian dressing might be too oily with the pizza. It complimented well. You could even toss some broiled chicken on the salad for more flavor.

Enjoy!