GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (olivant, 1 invisible), 742 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,553
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,534
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,455
Posts1,061,242
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120615
07/31/05 02:39 AM
07/31/05 02:39 AM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Oh god. AE. Spare me.

I like my clothes to fight, without killing my sperm count.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120616
07/31/05 02:52 AM
07/31/05 02:52 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I'm not familiar with AE at all -- but the look looks cool to me. I cannot attest to the tightness cuz I can't tell.

Listen: personally, I don't really care what others wear. It only concerns me in certain situations where you're expected to look a certain way (at work, job interviews, church, etc). Otherwise, I couldn't care less at all. Every generation had their "style" that upset parents. Is that not the whole point? LOL The baggy/saggy generation is the opposite, but, no different than, the ultra-tight Jordache generation. (Let's say seeing grade school teachers during that era was great! )

While I do admire "good" style, I say let kids be kids. We get to live that only once in our lives, and only for a few years. No big deal to me. But if school administrators have a problem with it, then ya gotta pay attention. You can always dress however you want on your own time.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120617
07/31/05 03:14 AM
07/31/05 03:14 AM
california
Tom Offline
Capo
Tom  Offline
Capo
california
I take the bus quite often so I see this style a lot. Personally, I don't give a darn what people wear, but I just don't get it. Would these guys rather "look good" than walk normal-apparently yes. Plus, theres the ass factor, maybe they just think the ass is something that should be shown off and not hidden in a dark cage of denim. Nothing yells "please pants me!" like a pair of sagged pants.

"Well at first like everybody else I, I was a soldier."
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120618
07/31/05 03:38 AM
07/31/05 03:38 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Count me in as a kiddo who doesn't understand or appreciate this fashion sense.

I'm almost used to the baggy pants, now, because I've seen people wear them that way so much, but when my parents or someone mention it, I remember just how dumb it looks.

It can't be comfortable (I'm big on comfort over fashion), but I don't even see how it can be attractive (I mean, baseball players wear tight pants, and look what it does for them! ). As a girl, I'd rather see a guy wearing what he wants than what everyone else wears. If he likes pulling his pants up every five seconds, I guess that's his decision, but it seems silly to me.

There are definitely some fashions for females that are just as "bad," just in what they're willing to wear and show, but I guess it's still their decision, unless they're required to wear a certain thing.

I know there are many different fashion trends that come and go, but it's just amazing what some people will wear.

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120619
07/31/05 07:22 AM
07/31/05 07:22 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

To the older generations here: Can't you remember being slated for what you wore or how you had your hair growing up? With your long hair and your flairs or mini skirts you damn hippies! Granted things have become more extreme now but principally it's the same thing. Things were always better in 'our' era.

And I know 20/30 years time I'll be doing the same. In fact I'm even doing it now.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120620
07/31/05 08:51 AM
07/31/05 08:51 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
To the older generations here: Can't you remember being slated for what you wore or how you had your hair growing up?
How about the Tube Tops and The Halter Blouses that the girls wore back in the late 70's? It was a beautiful thing!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120621
07/31/05 10:01 AM
07/31/05 10:01 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
There's a guy who works at the Wal-Mart I work at who wears his shorts (or pants, you can't tell) hanging down to his knees. Trouble is, he's a cart pusher. So he gets a row of carts, pushes em about 5 feet, then has to stop to pull his pants up. He thinks it looks cool, but its ridiculous, and I can't even begin to count the times he's almost been hit by a car by having to stop in the middle of the damn parking lot to pull his pants up. It's hilarious, but it's also one of those situations where the company should step in and say something. The associates inside have a dress code we must adhere to. During the summer, the cart pushers can wear shorts because it's hot (which I agree with). But this guy is gonna end up getting hurt (or worse, killed) because he doesn't wear a belt. Jesus Christ, he can walk right into the store and buy a freakin' belt! But no, let's just risk getting turned into a pavement pancake just to look cool (or stupid, IMO).

I freak out when I leave my belt at home. I'm tall and skinny (I'm a 20 year old dude with a 29" waist), so I always have to get my pants a little big so the length is right, because I can't find a pair of pants at any store that are 29W/34L, without having them custom made. So I always have to where a belt, but every now and then, I forget. Considering all the sh*t I have in my pockets (wallet, phone, change), it weighs down my pants, and rather than having to pull them up every 5 seconds, I have to continually hold them up as I'm walking. It's not comfortable, and anyone who tells you it is, is lying to you.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120622
07/31/05 10:16 AM
07/31/05 10:16 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
XxX, who would have thought that a fashion statement could be dangerous hu?

Turi, I sure do remember some of the "fashion" back in the hippie days. Bell Bottoms!!! They couldn't be too short, or they'd look dorky. They had to just cover your shoes. Oh, and the wider the bell, the cooler it was. Problem for me was I am so short that I had to have the jeans hemmed every time, which lessened the width of the bell. Such a trauma! Every generation will get a kick out of some of the things they wore back in the day!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120623
07/31/05 10:20 AM
07/31/05 10:20 AM
Scotland
Debz Offline
Underboss
Debz  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
The one thing my parents get on to me about is not having my shoe laces tied!! I think its because it makes the shoe look more fashionable...

[Debz]
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120624
07/31/05 11:31 AM
07/31/05 11:31 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Turi, I sure do remember some of the "fashion" back in the hippie days. Bell Bottoms!!! They couldn't be too short, or they'd look dorky. Oh, and the wider the bell, the cooler it was.
TIS

And here's a shirt to go with them :

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120625
07/31/05 11:47 AM
07/31/05 11:47 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
It seems the new "style" is actually buying jeans which are torn to shit, and paying full price for them. First off, if you're paying that much, why not get pants that aren't pre-ruined? Another thing, they're tacky! At one time, I remember my father (coming from a poor home) telling me about how he was teased in high school for wearing stuff like that, yet now, it's encouraged. These pants are ugly. I'd consider people with "style" or "glamour" people with brains. Those who pay over $5 for a pair of jeans like the ones I'm talking about are not people with intelligence. Instead of buying them from a clothing outlet, why not try a garage sell?

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120626
07/31/05 12:10 PM
07/31/05 12:10 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
It seems the new "style" is actually buying jeans which are torn to shit, and paying full price for them. First off, if you're paying that much, why not get pants that aren't pre-ruined? Another thing, they're tacky! At one time, I remember my father (coming from a poor home) telling me about how he was teased in high school for wearing stuff like that, yet now, it's encouraged. These pants are ugly. I'd consider people with "style" or "glamour" people with brains. Those who pay over $5 for a pair of jeans like the ones I'm talking about are not people with intelligence. Instead of buying them from a clothing outlet, why not try a garage sell?
Ripped jeans are awesome. I have a few pairs myself. It looks nice to me and preppy and surfer girls dig it and I dig them...so it's all good. lol

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120627
07/31/05 12:16 PM
07/31/05 12:16 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Here's my average outfit.

or...

I need to get some money together to get shirts for several other bands.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120628
07/31/05 12:35 PM
07/31/05 12:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
By the way, the "big pants falling down" fashion started in jail, because belts were taken away from young men, and they walked around with their pants falling down and their boxers showing. There's a fashion look to emulate, isn't it??

Of course we all wore stupid clothes. Along with TIS, I remember the stupidly long bell bottoms that you HAD to wear, with either Earth Shoes or platforms. And they HAD to drag on the floor, otherwise you'd hear things like "Where's the ark?". I remember that mine were so long that I tripped over them climbing down the bleachers at a high school football game, fell and broke my wrist!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120629
07/31/05 12:50 PM
07/31/05 12:50 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
Let's not forget probably the "biggest" fashion statement of the 60's and early seventies (for men)....the long hair.

Ha ha!!! When I met my eventual husband he had hair down to his shoulders. How my parents begged for him to cut it before the wedding. Fortunately he did, however his brother didn't. As dated as the pictures may be, his isn't as funny as his brother's who not only had long hair, but curly and unruly. It's the first thing you notice when you look at the pictures. You have to laugh!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120630
07/31/05 12:54 PM
07/31/05 12:54 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

We should just give the kids a good belt. Not one around the waist but a good backhander to face. Just every now and then to keep them in line. Even if they've done nothing wrong *smack*.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120631
07/31/05 03:20 PM
07/31/05 03:20 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
DV--aviators dude? No, dude, no. Lose them now. I'm not even that metro.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120632
07/31/05 04:03 PM
07/31/05 04:03 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
I like your style, DV. Mine is almost identical. I think the biggest difference would be the fact that I don't have very many band T-shirts. When it comes to concerts I have a Movin Out, Billy Joel & Elton John, and a Neil Diamond T-shirt.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120633
07/31/05 04:18 PM
07/31/05 04:18 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

That GNR one is the only one I have, I'd love to get others for my other favorite bands too. I have several Hard Rock Cafe shirts, with great guitar pics on them, and one of them being a Bruce Springsteen shirt.

I need some for at least these bands: Nirvana, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, and AC/DC, and Pink Floyd.

Quote:
DV--aviators dude? No, dude, no. Lose them now. I'm not even that metro.
Aviators have been great glasses even before all these metros have started wearing them. They've been the glasses since WW2. I also have a pair of real army aviator glasses with ear coils I got at an army store in Cape Cod, but I can't find a pic online.

Posers are also starting to wear Elvis glasses, but that doesn't make these any less great.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120634
07/31/05 07:51 PM
07/31/05 07:51 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

My style (or lack thereof, depending on whom you ask)...

And sandals, of course.

But can I say, the lady below me has the most awesome fashion sense ever...so...snozberry ish!

Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120635
07/31/05 07:59 PM
07/31/05 07:59 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

My style:

Van Huesen ( I can't spell) button down long sleeve dress shirt, dockers pants, dress shoes.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120636
08/01/05 07:38 AM
08/01/05 07:38 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
When I was a teenager I would always wear total black clothes and black complementing clothing as well, e.g. black shoes, black bags, black spectacles. All-black was considered to be cool. And, as a matter of fact, I felt cool, no matter I looked like a beetle. My mamma hated it. She used to say to me: "I don't want you to wear black like this, not even when I die"....

I still wear all black, occasionally. But it's because they say it makes you look thinner...

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Kids!! What Ya Gonna Do? #120637
08/01/05 09:30 AM
08/01/05 09:30 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
My 15 year old is going through her "all black" phase. She even wears black sneakers. I'm hoping it doesn't last much longer. Rather than fight her on it, I've decided to try and ignore it.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull