Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:

I never saw The Godfather in a theater, and I saw GF2 on an airplane (ironically, I was flying to Sicily) as well as in the theater, so I would've loved to see the first one on the big screen. My mother always said that the horse's head scene was so shocking and gross on the screen. She also said that Appollonia was ten times more beautiful on the screen.
I saw The Godfather in a theater in manhatten when I was a kid. My Grandfather was a huge fan of the book and I remember that it was his birthday and The Godfather was opening up in a Manhatten theater ( Back in those days movies would first open up in Manhatten theaters and then after a few weeks they would come to the local theaters in the outer boroughs ) so our whole family went ot dinner in Manhatten and then to see The Godfather.

Years later I took this girl on a date to a theater in Brooklyn that was showing both GF I and GFII and we went to see the double feature. My date sat through both movies with me and never complained once. I knew that I had to marry this girl and guess what, I did. 22 years later I still tell her that I knew that she really loved me because she sat for 6 hours in the theater watching two movies that I loved and never complained to me once.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.