Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J: [quote].
Two days after major terrorist bombings, a man already under surveillance ignores police warnings to stop, and proceeds to dash towards a subway car, which is where one of the suicide bombings have occured.[/QB][/quote]It is interesting that the full facts of this case have yet to come out. As yet there has been no CCTV footage released of Mr de Menenzes running anywhere. But somethings are not in dispute. Mr de Menenzes was not under surveillance. It was not 90 degrees plus, remember this was before 10:00am in the morning. The victim was not wearing a heavy winter coat. He was wearing what is known here as a "puffa jacket". Though these are bulky they are in fact quite light. It would be unusual to wear one on a summer's day but his man was from Brazil. I well remember the looks I got walking around Barcelona in a T-shirt in February while the locals were overcoats and scarves. I thought it was quite warm. They thought it was freezing! He did not break through any checkpoint.

The police found an address in one of the unexploded bombs. When they arrived at this address they found that it was an apartment block with 9 apartments. They were searching one apartment when Mr de Menenzes emerged from an apartment above on his way to work. The police decided to follow him. That was the extent of the surveillance and intelligence.

Why did Mr de Menenzes run?? Well it's a bit hard to ask him now.

Of course the question nobody can answer is...why didn't they shoot him on the bus???

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"