Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Incidently, the man they shot at Stockwell tube was completely unassociated with the incidents. He was a [b]Brazilian: Jean Charles de Menezes, 27. Did the police apologize for taking him out execution-style? Well, they expressed their "regret" and agreed that it was "unfortunate" :rolleyes: No doubt the cowboys who shot him will get a medal [/b]
Let's keep it in context - the man was 1.) already under survelliance 2.) wearing a thick coat in the summer 3.) Ran away when the police attempted to stop him 4.) Dove onto a subway car, and continued until he slipped and fell.

I'm sorry, but after those suicide bombings, I give kudos to the Brits for actually having the balls to detain him permanently. It isn't as if they just randomly went up, knocked him down, and blew him away for suspicion. He deliberately tried to evade the police, and was a person of interest already.

I wonder how the NYC would've reacted. I always hate the fact that our poor cops end up getting sued by families of people who have their relatives killed because they were in a high speed chase, or took people hostage, etc. For instance, that recent incident where police accidentally killed the little girl who was being used as a shield by her father. They didn't hit her on purpose, they were trying to stop the father after a drawn out standoff. And what happens? Never mind the sick fuck used his daughter as a shield, but the family is suing the police. Is that justice? I don't think so.