Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Again I'm not against educating these people but do you think this will be just another 'puppet' government that we set up? Also, again, the next President might not have the same thought process and interest in this war and when he is elected might just pull out our troops and say 'aw, screw em." My original question that I was trying to get to was what if that sceniro happens!? What are we to do then??
I don't think that we are setting up a puppet government. I do think that we are helping to set up a government that will be somewhat cooperative with the rest of the world. Look, a democratic governement is way better than a dictatorship anyday, no matter how many ways you slice it.

As for the scenerio that you have brought up, well that is exactly the reason that as voters we need to scrutinize the candidates and vote accordingly. There is no question that the next president of the USA can decided to cut and run. And without starting any debates or arguements, and in just voicing my own feelings and opinions, I believe that if John Kerry had been elected President, he would have been the type to say " the hell with this, let's pull out." And for this exact reason I am sincerely glad that Bush is the president. If you agree with Bush's policies or not, the bottom line is that once he sets his eyes on something and decides to take a course of action, he stays the course and does not crumble under the political pressure from the objectionists.

And under the current situation that my country and our world is in with regards to fighting terrorism, etc. I am glad that I have a leader who is not afraid to protect the citizens of America and it's allies and will not falter under the pressure from those who just don't seem to get this whole thing.

It sickened me last week when the London Bombings took place and then all over the news the same people who only the day before were bashing the war on terror and denouncing the actions of America and it's allies, were suddenly screaming for action against terrorism and basically admitted that they had fallen back to sleep since the Sept. 11th attacks. No one should ever need that type of wakeup call in their lives.

But unfortunately many of the politicians in office, republican and democrat, have decided that they should politicize all that's happened in the world in the past few years for their own political gain. That is a shame and those kind of people and politicians are the worst kind of enemies because with their political rhetoric they embolden our enemies and put us all in harms way.

If you research the political uprising that took place during the Vietnam war, you may be surprised to find out that the North Vietnamese government said themselves that one of the main reasons that they were confident that they would win that war was becasue they knew that America's own politicians and press were denouncing the actions of the soldiers. They knew that they were winning the war right inside America itself.

That is exactly what is going on right here and now when Senators and Congresswoman PUBLICALLY call The Commander In Cheif Of their own nation, during a time of war, a crucial war that may determine the future of our country, a miserable failure and a liar, etc. The enemy feeds off of this and sees that they can win the war right in the American media.

The politicians from BOTH sides need to stop trying to control this war politically and instead allow the Generals nd The Commanders, who are trained to do this, fight this war as they see fit.

People in political power and in the media need to wake up and see that this is not a political game, this is very serious life threatening stuff, and that they need to suport our soldiers and support this war on terrorism and throw out the political bullshit once and for all.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.