This debate started because I expressed a fear that, with the president's chances of appointing two new justices to the US Supreme Court, the new court might decide to overturn Roe v. Wade. And JJ and Patrick then got on their high horses and turned into a debate on fascism, the use of marijuana, abortion as birth control, and, I believe, the use of Tylenol to get hight.

And, no, JJ, I don't promote the murder of my grandchildren. And, no, my daughter is not sexually active. And, yes, I take my responsibilities as a mother quite seriously and do speak to her frankly about the dangers of sexual activity, because if you're sexually active, getting pregnant is only one of the risks you run.

However, when males in this society decide to step up to the plate and accept their responsibility as fathers, then maybe abortion won't be necessary. I noticed that in your response to my post, you did not once mention the father's share of the burden.

Also, if you think that I would allow my daughter to carry the product of a rape, no matter how innocent that child is, you are out of your mind. Again, it shows how a woman's feelings are completely disregarded in any of this, and that only the progeny is thought of.

May I ask in these various scenarios that you quoted, where is the father? I don't think I need to quote to you all of the statistics on dead-beat dads, etc., but, as I stated earlier, until men in this society are willing to shoulder their share of responsibility in parenting, then Roe v. Wade should stay firmly in place.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club