Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Just yesterday, some general would not or could not answer Sen Leahy's simple question: how many detainees are there. There is absolutely no way of knowing if all of them are "terrorists" or not. There should be open, transparent trials.
I watched those proceedings last night also. And I must admit that I admired Senator Joe Biden's line of questioning. He brought up some very valid points. However as he himself said, this is a totally different kind of war that we are fighting, one that we've never fought before.

Unfortunatley our fighting this "new kind of war" puts us in a position that forces us to learn as we go along because there is no history behind us to fighting this kind of war which we could use for reference.

But getting back to the Flag buring issue, as Snake said, why scream and hollar that the Koran is being dishonored and in the same breath scream and hollar that there is nothing wrong with burning the flag of your own country? You cannot have it both ways.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.