I strongly oppose any effort to limit any form of free expression no matter how offensive it might be. From a philosophical standpoint the flag is merely an icon, and it is not sacred. What it stands for is sacred, and that includes the freedom to burn it.

As a practical matter, such an amendment cannot be enforced anyway. For instance, the proper protocol for worn out flags is to burn them. Accordingly, If I have an old flag lying around I would be desecrating it by throwing it in the trash. In order to enforce this amendment, you would necessarily have to know what my intention was when I burned the flag. Thus, if I burned it in my front yard say next to a sign saying "I support the war in Iraq" one might suppose I am honoring the flag. If on the other hand I did the same thing next to a sign saying "Bring the Troops Home" someone might think I am burning the flag in protest.

Further, There are all kinds of uses of the flag which any of us may consider offensive. For instance I find it offensive that people have cashed in on the 9/11 tragedy by trotting out American Flags for pure commercial purposes. Is this desecration? What about American flag boxer shorts? American flags on cigarette lighters?

Most people who have American flag lapel pins put it on their left lapel, when the correct protocol, I believe is that it is to be worn on the right.

Then there is all the business of whether or not it should fly at night with the proper lighting. If I have my flag out on July 3, and I forget to turn the porch light on that night, do I get arrested on July 4 because I dishonored the flag?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."