Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
and again it is up to the parent to provide the information and seek sources to have the child fully appreciate it.
Quote:
However, many parents who bother to educate themselves in international adoption do provide as best an appreciation as possible to their children of the country, language and culture in which they were born.
What if they do not bother and seek sources? Do you still say the child will be deprived of nothing? That's obvious he will.

Quote:
Deciding not to become pregnant is just that...deciding not become pregnant (and I'm not talking about abortion, so nobody jump on that...I simply mean choosing NOT to become a parent through pregnancy).
What are you arguing with? I just said that I, personally, would prefer to have my own children, regardless of any possible adoption. What enrages you?
Quote:

I'm glad you apparently agree with me that those people too are making a wonderful choice, despite your original statement that, "..I guess it's better to live a half-orphan than not to live at all..").
I think you did not understand me, because there's no contradiction in my words. I think that the child with only one parent can live very well, even though he's a "half orphan". It's better to live with one parent than not to exist at all, that's what I meant. Howewer, to adopt a child is a good thing anyway, regardless of having your own children, even many. These statements are not connected.
Quote:

JustMe, you are getting extremely defensive on this topic, and also digging yourself into quite a hole.
Why? I do not offend anyone here, steadily asserting that they are limited, without even a single attempt to reason such a statement. Why should I be defensive? I'm saying obvious things, and trying to clear myself from accusations in having opinions I never really expressed.
Quote:
I suggest you let up on your know-it-all attitude;
I never claimed such a thing. There's no logic under this suggestion except your wish to hurt me in any way possible without a cause. I bear you no hostility, and never tried to use as a reasoning to my opinion anything that you might resent. Forgive me, Apple, but it sounds... Defensive.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.