Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
Your own child has your genes, and carries them further to the future. In a sort, it is your duty before God.
Plenty of people are unable to have children, does that make them unable to fulfull thier "duty" to God. What about the duty to take care of children without parents? Don't you think God would want that as a "duty"? It is in the Bible that we should all take care of orphans so apparently that's a duty too.

Quote:

The more time this child spends without parents, the more reserved he/she becomes, and it may be difficult to wake their abilities later.
This statement is a huge generalization. Yes, some children are more reserved when they are adopted at an older age. Why woulden't they be? Older children are more wary of strangers and strange situations, making reservation a defense mechanism. It does not mean something is wrong with their abilities.

Quote:

...so now there's a strong movement against international adoption. They are doing well, and I hope they'll prohibit it finally. Every child must grow in their own nation.
So you would rather have a child grow up parentless than to grow up in another nation? You brought God into the issue in an earlier comment, or else I never would have, do you think God cares about nations, border lines, or race? I find the statement that every child must grow in their own nation about as silly as a white child should not be raised by black parents. Children know and need love, nothing else matters. To want to prohibit international adoption is incredible selfish in my eyes. If you don't want to adopt an unwanted child, what right do you have to wish others cannot?