This is how I understand things to be here (mostly through experience):

1) In NJ, you cannot have a totally nude bar that serves alcohol. The girls are not allowed to show nipples. This is a gaffe in The Sopranos (like the one where they pump their own gas in NJ). There are nudie bars here, though, called "juice bars", where the girls can be totally naked, but they can only serve soft drinks and there's a cover charge (place by me is $10 to get in - from what I hear ). Things may be slightly different in some municipalities because I do remember one totally nude place up north that you were allowed to bring your own, so perhaps some other pervs can clarify this for me.

2) The number of liquor licenses is regulated, at least in NJ. I'm not certain if it's per town or per county, but there seems to be a finite number - probably per population. It's really tough to get here, at least in my area where one family seems to own most of them. It's a racket here.

Unlike many other states, in NJ you cannot even buy beer or wine in a supermarket or gas station (alcohol sold in gas stations always confused me - lol)... you must go to a packaged goods (liquor) store or bar. (Areas outside mine, however, you can buy them in warehouse clubs - but the local Family prevented Costco from carrying liquor here :rolleyes: ).

Some states (like Pennsylvania and many southern states) are even worse with liquor, where you can only buy liquor at state-run stores. I cannot imagine! But beer and wine are found everywhere.

Anyway, some restaurants do not have liquor licenses, and it's either because one is unavailable, or, it's way too expensive to get. In those cases, you can bring your own tho I've really only seen that in Italian restaurants (incl. pizzerias). I've never heard of a cork charge here, though.

NJ bars close earlier than many other States. Here it's 2AM. In some major cities outside of NJ I believe it's 4AM. In NJ you can purchase liquor (take out) until 10PM, when most liquor stores close. Some stores stay open until Midnight to sell only beer/wine. After that, many bars will sell you beer/wine for takeout until they close.

In NJ alcohol is available 7 days/week. I think in some places, like Atlanta, you cannot buy on Sundays, but I may be wrong.

If any of this is inaccurate, I'm sure it'll be corrected...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations