GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 716 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,489
Posts1,061,833
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112547
05/26/05 12:42 AM
05/26/05 12:42 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
The heads of the Families got together tonight for yet another wonderful dinner! Here are a few pics - I don't have any of me (thankfully ) so maybe SC will post some more....

Consigliere's Lady (talking to TIS!), SC, Turnbull, Plaw

Plaw, waitress, Don Smitty, Mikey Montana (bastid who never posts!), Don Cardi

I even snagged some hilarious videos, which I'll post when I get a chance! Thank you all who attended, and if it's any indication of our August get-together in the works, it's gonna be a GREAT time!!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112548
05/26/05 01:07 AM
05/26/05 01:07 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It was definately a great time! Turnbull intruiged us with his unlimited knowledge of The Mob and The Movies. SC also gave us some very rare behind the scenes insights of many movies. He too is extremely knowledgable about so many facts in Mob History! Don Smitty gave several of us the ultimate Soprano Tour of the many different places in the area that Sopranos show is filmed. Don Geoff quietly took these damn pictures, most without us knowing. He also provided me with a sh*t load of girly blue drinks! Plaw is the man when it comes to restaurants and ordering. This is the second time he has picked a restaurant for us, and both times they were great. He also made sure that the best appetizers on the menu were ordered. Mikey Montana, dat focking chubato, provided us with the entertainment, doing scenes from Scarface all night long! And last but not least, our Consigliere's lady Lori brightened our evening with her great smile. She displayed her unlimited knowledge about the many things that we discuss on the boards. Her presence alone was just a great addition to a wonderful night! A real classy lady!

If this night is any indication of what the August weekend get together is going to be like, then I advise you to make sure that you attend! It was a really fantastic evening!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112549
05/26/05 01:39 AM
05/26/05 01:39 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Plaw has lost a lot of weight and a mustache. I really wouldn't have recognized him if there was not a label.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112550
05/26/05 01:42 AM
05/26/05 01:42 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I think the rest of us just gained more! But mustaches do add 10 lbs, y'know...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112551
05/26/05 01:59 AM
05/26/05 01:59 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
But mustaches do add 10 lbs, y'know...
Couldn't argue with that! But in the picture SC posted it seems you've lost weight too.

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112552
05/26/05 02:01 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Workin' on it...

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112553
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
What happened to the pix SC posted here?

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112554
05/26/05 02:03 AM
05/26/05 02:03 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
You must be seeing things. :p

I think he was just testing the size. He probably saw his weren't as long/wide as mine, so he took them down...

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112555
05/26/05 02:22 AM
05/26/05 02:22 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
You must be seeing things. :p
So you didn't lose weight?! :p (j/k)

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112556
05/26/05 02:36 AM
05/26/05 02:36 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I came home to find my desktop pc had crashed, but that can't dim the mood of having had dinner with great people.

A brief rundown on our "Apalachin" sitdown:

We met in Jersey, on plaw's turf, where we were all supposed to be safe. (This didn't stop Geoff from wanting to frisk the waitress for hidden weapons). The "market" boys (Don Cardi, Mikey Montana and Don Smitty) had scoped out the joint (really a little reminiscent of Louis' Restaurant in Part I) early and were standing guard in front. The place is a "BYO" (Bring Your Own bottle) and I wasn't surprised to see the three of them holding shopping bags with their bottles).

Everyone had bottles of wine but me and I was a little ashamed to break out my pint bottle of scotch from its paper bag.

Geoff, Lori and I travelled with plaw figuring we'd be safe with him as our shield, but Turnbull, much like Meyer Lansky needed no protection. (He's too respected for anyone to even consider putting a hit on him).

The drinks flowed almost as quickly as the conversation and 40 minutes later we were ordering one of those, two of them, a few of these, etc. Good conversation (including a few telephone calls to TIS) and laughs accompanied some decent meals. It sadly ended way too quickly.

You guys MUST see Geoff's video (which he said he'll post online). Its a little over a minute long and features some really funny stuff with Mikey, Lori and Don Smitty (who very good naturedly took some ribbing about spelling).

I'll be posting a few pix tomorrow. When I took the pix I thought they were great but after viewing them in a more sober light I saw they aren't (great).

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112557
05/26/05 02:40 AM
05/26/05 02:40 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I hope the video doesn't end up like that radio talk show.

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112558
05/26/05 03:07 AM
05/26/05 03:07 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
I hope the video doesn't end up like that radio talk show.
Oh man - thanks for reminding me! I gotta track that down. I asked Joel for it a few weeks ago and I still haven't gotten it. But I will pull a little muscle (and after that, I'll ask Joel about it! )

The video won't be overnight, tho - I gotta swap hard drives and crank up the video editing chit. I'll try to do it in a day or three...

SC - Those pics were just fine!

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112559
05/26/05 03:12 AM
05/26/05 03:12 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I can't wait to hear that mang!

Quote:
SC - Those pics were just fine!
Ditto. I was lucky enough to get a look and they were great.

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112560
05/26/05 05:11 AM
05/26/05 05:11 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Excellent pics, guys! Glad you had a great time. What movies were discussed?

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112561
05/26/05 06:35 AM
05/26/05 06:35 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Excellent pics, guys! Glad you had a great time. What movies were discussed?

Mick
The question is, "What movies weren't discussed!"

I think we covered everything from Dead End to Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith!

One of the highlights of the night though was Turnbull's impression of Jack Nicholson! Outstanding! Then all I needed to do was quote a line by Manny from Scarface and Mikey Montana would answer with a Tony Montana line!

It was Jack Nicholson vs. Tony Montana!

Godfather Quotes were flying back and forth all night long!

All one of us had to do was start with one line from the movie and before you know it the next person would continue the scene with the next line, and so on and so on!

As SC said the night went too damn fast!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112562
05/26/05 08:04 AM
05/26/05 08:04 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
(This didn't stop Geoff from wanting to frisk the waitress for hidden weapons)
ummmmmmmmm if "she" had a hidden weapon would he have been mad or happy :p

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, I had to get an ID for the new building I work at-which took 2 and a half hours AFTER I left work

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112563
05/26/05 09:42 AM
05/26/05 09:42 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[QUOTE]
I'm sorry I couldn't make it, I had to get an ID for the new building I work at-which took 2 and a half hours AFTER I left work
I think that Geoff should change your user name here to "PAULIEGATTO!" Chu Fockin Chubato!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112564
05/26/05 09:49 AM
05/26/05 09:49 AM
Oslo, Norway
Al.Neri Offline
Made Member
Al.Neri  Offline
Made Member
Oslo, Norway
Looked like you had a great time!

Don Cardi - Where did you buy that shirt?

Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112565
05/26/05 10:33 AM
05/26/05 10:33 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Al.Neri:
Looked like you had a great time!

Don Cardi - Where did you buy that shirt?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57990&item=8306892908&rd=1

I also own these :

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112566
05/26/05 10:41 AM
05/26/05 10:41 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
It was a fun evening, but it didn't go exactly the way it was described.

When we got inside the restaurant, Don Cardi bullied everyone around for a while, telling us where to sit, what to order, which wine we could drink, etc.

Turnbull arrived a bit late, carrying a rather large briefcase. Well, we didn't have to wait too long to find out what was inside. Everytime a Godfather Trilogy question came up, Turnbull opened his briefcase, in which, filed in alphabetical order, were copies of all of his past replies to the same question, many of which he has posted a number of times.

Don Smitty didn't have much to say for someone who seems to have an opinion on every political question under the sun. I guess he agreed with my opinion that newbies should mostly be seen and not heard. He did, however, insist on sitting to my right.

Don't give Mikey Montana too much credit for his wonderful Tony Montana impressions. He confided to me privately that he actually is Cuban, his Tony Montana accent is really the way he speaks, and the reason why he never posts is that he can barely write a word of English.

JG, our Don, acted rather strangely. He allowed Don Cardi to bully everyone, and when a big argument broke out about what to order for dessert he decided that it was a good time to disappear for a while and go smoke a cigarette and avoid the chaos.

SC, his consigliere, did an admirable job of trying to keep order in his absence, though.

When Turnbull expressed a desire to order the tartufo, SC stated that if we didn't order the chocolate layer cake, then no one would be permitted to have any dessert at all.

What can I say about Lori, Consigliere's Lady, other than that she has the patience of a saint to be able to put up with her man. She was barely able to eat her dinner, what with the attention she had to give SC, advising him what to eat, how much to drink, what to say, etc. She truly is the power behind the man, and I believe that we would find SC to be quite a bit less loveable without her.

As for me, well unfortunately I missed a good deal of the evening. I brought along a ton of baseball statistical information to study in case I got bored, and spent a lot of time trying to figure out who should be on my fantasy baseball team today. Actually, the only reason I attend these little get-togethers is to stay a member of "The Clubhouse" and butter up JG, with the hope that he'll promote me to moderator of something besides just the Sports Forum.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112567
05/26/05 10:46 AM
05/26/05 10:46 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Okay, Plaw let the cat out of the bag! That's how it really went!

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112568
05/26/05 11:00 AM
05/26/05 11:00 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Everytime a Godfather Trilogy question came up, Turnbull opened his briefcase, in which, filed in alphabetical order, were copies of all of his past replies to the same question, many of which he has posted a number of times.

Understatement of the year.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j geoff:
I think he was just testing the size.
[QUOTE]
Not on me he wasn't!
This was a grand evening with great people. As you can judge from the number of bottles on the table, the ensuing DWI fines have almost wiped out the State of New Jersey's debt.
But the highlight of the evening came when Lori, donning a wimple, brandished a steel ruler at plaw and demanded that he "spell out the Holy Days of obligation and there'll be a rap on the knuckles if you don't get it right." plaw said that the line "sounded familiar"--almost as much as when I came in, asked the headwaiter for the Geoff table, and was told, "Nothing today without a reservation, I'm afraid." (Mick: that should tell you which movies were discussed.)

Geoff is in the process of bidding up another batch of candid photos. Right now, Rupert Murdoch is deadlocked with the National Enquirer for the one depicting the red circle that SC had tattooed around his neck in honor of Larry Gallo Appreciation Day.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112569
05/26/05 11:09 AM
05/26/05 11:09 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Ahhh...so THIS is the soiree' from which a fellow BB'er lamented my absence in a PM. I belive the exact words were...'Where were you for the dinner?'.

To which I replied, 'What dinner?' (condensed version).

Anyway, glad the mystery's solved (on both ends) and that all of you had a terrific time. As is usually the case I wouldn't have been able to attend. Some of you guys are really adorable (though to be fair, I won't name names)!!

Best,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112570
05/26/05 11:15 AM
05/26/05 11:15 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Some of you guys are really adorable (though to be fair, I won't name names)!!
Being that I'm not pictured (yet), I guess it's not me...

Apple - Hopefully you'll be able to make it in August, at least for a little while!

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112571
05/26/05 11:34 AM
05/26/05 11:34 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Hey, it looks like the parents of the BB had a PTA meeting.
It is good to hear that you all had a great time.

The big question is: did Smitty get his free meal?
Or did someone welch?

My Lord Pee You look really old in those pictures.
I am going to have to start calling you Grandpa Pee from now on! Other then M4M I think you must be the Sr. member of this board.

Quote:
the only reason I attend these little get-togethers is to stay a member of "The Clubhouse" and butter up JG, with the hope that he'll promote me to moderator of something besides just the Sports Forum.
(Jab Noted) Well, you do what ever you have to do, to enjoy what life you have left.

I almost shed a tear for you this morning after listening to you whine about DC not playing once more in the baseball thread. I guess the golden years aren't that golden for a guy like you. But keep your chin up he just may come back to play with you in the 2nd half.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112572
05/26/05 11:49 AM
05/26/05 11:49 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:

My Lord Pee You look really old in those pictures.
I am going to have to start calling you Grandpa Pee from now on! Other then M4M I think you must be the Sr. member of this board.
I am old. And although I'm not a Grandpa yet, MY GF's daughter recently has a baby, so I guess in a manner of speaking I am.

I know for a fact, though, that I'm not the oldest member here. I know of at least one other member (besides M4M, who I've been told, is not nearly as old as he claims to be) who has a few years on me.

Quote:
I almost shed a tear for you this morning after listening to you whine about DC not playing once more in the baseball thread.
It's DB that I'm whining for.

And, if the truth be told, the game isn't the same for me without you either.

But shed no tears for me, FS. As long as I have the good friends that I've made here, my golden years will be just fine.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112573
05/26/05 12:06 PM
05/26/05 12:06 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
And, if the truth be told, the game isn't the same for me without you either.
Sure, No one to pick on everyday-

No kidding though. You look like you lost alot of weight and have aged something wicked. You better stop burning the candle at both ends, get some sleep.

Quote:
I know for a fact, though, that I'm not the oldest member here. I know of at least one other member (besides M4M, who I've been told, is not nearly as old as he claims to be) who has a few years on me.
That must be Turnbull, He is a good man. I bet you he gets a good nights sleep, don't you Turnbull old Boy.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112574
05/26/05 03:22 PM
05/26/05 03:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Quote:
[quote] I know for a fact, though, that I'm not the oldest member here. I know of at least one other member (besides M4M, who I've been told, is not nearly as old as he claims to be) who has a few years on me.
That must be Turnbull, He is a good man. I bet you he gets a good nights sleep, don't you Turnbull old Boy. [/quote]You bet I do! Thanks to Social Security and Medicare, I have nothing to worry about.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112575
05/26/05 03:24 PM
05/26/05 03:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:

No kidding though. You look like you lost alot of weight and have aged something wicked. You better stop burning the candle at both ends, get some sleep.
Actually fathersson, the picture does not do justice for Plaw! In person, he looks like an Adonis! He's just not photogenic, that's all.

PLAW is like a FINE WINE! He just get's better with age!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: NY/NJ Commission Meeting #112576
05/26/05 03:42 PM
05/26/05 03:42 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Wow, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

You took some nice pictures, JG. Everyone looks great!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull