It was a fun evening, but it didn't go exactly the way it was described.

When we got inside the restaurant, Don Cardi bullied everyone around for a while, telling us where to sit, what to order, which wine we could drink, etc.

Turnbull arrived a bit late, carrying a rather large briefcase. Well, we didn't have to wait too long to find out what was inside. Everytime a Godfather Trilogy question came up, Turnbull opened his briefcase, in which, filed in alphabetical order, were copies of all of his past replies to the same question, many of which he has posted a number of times.

Don Smitty didn't have much to say for someone who seems to have an opinion on every political question under the sun. I guess he agreed with my opinion that newbies should mostly be seen and not heard. He did, however, insist on sitting to my right.

Don't give Mikey Montana too much credit for his wonderful Tony Montana impressions. He confided to me privately that he actually is Cuban, his Tony Montana accent is really the way he speaks, and the reason why he never posts is that he can barely write a word of English.

JG, our Don, acted rather strangely. He allowed Don Cardi to bully everyone, and when a big argument broke out about what to order for dessert he decided that it was a good time to disappear for a while and go smoke a cigarette and avoid the chaos.

SC, his consigliere, did an admirable job of trying to keep order in his absence, though.

When Turnbull expressed a desire to order the tartufo, SC stated that if we didn't order the chocolate layer cake, then no one would be permitted to have any dessert at all.

What can I say about Lori, Consigliere's Lady, other than that she has the patience of a saint to be able to put up with her man. She was barely able to eat her dinner, what with the attention she had to give SC, advising him what to eat, how much to drink, what to say, etc. She truly is the power behind the man, and I believe that we would find SC to be quite a bit less loveable without her.

As for me, well unfortunately I missed a good deal of the evening. I brought along a ton of baseball statistical information to study in case I got bored, and spent a lot of time trying to figure out who should be on my fantasy baseball team today. Actually, the only reason I attend these little get-togethers is to stay a member of "The Clubhouse" and butter up JG, with the hope that he'll promote me to moderator of something besides just the Sports Forum.

"Difficult....not impossible"