Another wandering nomad returns and brings sanity to our beloved BB! Welcome back, FH!

Back to the "argument" (although why it is that is beyond me)...Unlike LDV, I haven't seen too many child abuse victims FIRSTHAND (that I know of). But I've seen untold numbers on TV, read about them in magazines, etc. From what I gather, they pretty much live with Death everyday, in a sense: thoughts/attempts of suicide, blaming themselves, the feeling of filth and guilt, the feeling of unspeakable violation, etc., etc., etc. That's like DYING a little every day. I'd have as much sympathy for any rape victim, regardless of age. But to speculate there's some kind of time-span for one to recover isn't a guess I'd care to hazard. I just don't believe there exists a full recovery for these hapless victims. If I WERE to speculate about anything, I'd be willing to guess that most of them would have preferred death at the time rather than a lifetime of what I just described above.

But hey, it's all horrendous, and whoever does any of it doesn't deserve sympathy or a break... unless it's the "break" of their neck on the gallows.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)