Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Learn something new everyday lol. I shouldn't be surprised of course. A lot of old school Amsterdammers have Jewish roots.

Yep, most famous was Black Joop de Vries.

BTW

Red Light District entrepreneur
Owner of sex theater Casa Rosso, Jan Otten (82), passed away
6 hours ago / Edited: 5 hours ago / Image © ANP / Rein van Zanen
Written by RTL News
The owner of the Amsterdam sex theater Casa Rosso, Jan Otten, died yesterday at the age of 82. He was also the manager of the Banana Bar, the Hospital Bar, Sexy Loo, the Erotic Museum and the Sex Palace Peepshow.
Jan Otten became owner of the Casa Rosso in the 1990s. Since then, sex theater has attracted interest from all over the world with erotic acts. Otten always claimed that more women than men bought tickets.

'Tearing cards and counting money'
Otten, who was often found at Casa Rosso himself, always remained very involved in the company. He worked there before he became the owner. "I have little brains, I can only tear tickets and count money," he said to AT5 ten years ago .

"The Red Light District was close to his heart," can be read on the Casa Rosso website. "He and his companies actively committed themselves to every initiative to improve the neighborhood and the image of the neighborhood."

He was also 'a friend and father to the people around him', the website says. He had a great love for animals. "He showed his commitment and support with actions, not with words."

'Big boss is dead'
The management of Otten's company is 'overwhelmed with emotions'. Many Amsterdam residents also react to his death on social media. “The big boss is dead,” someone writes.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"