Originally Posted by VitoCahill
an interesting last few days for mtl mafia members alleged or otherwise. the info earlier this week concerning giuseppe arcoraci linking him to pietro d'adamo and cont'd cocaine trafficking is pretty big news.

this mornings announcement out of italy is also big news...maybe. first, there was a claim in 2019 from a lapresse article about the current situation and make up of the mtl mafia at the time mentioning the 'annunziata clan.' at that time after some research i was of the opinion that said clan did not exist and i hold the same opinion today. because although a michele annunziata was arrested in italy this alone does not prove the existence of a clan.

is this the same michele? or a different man with same name? he is described as a 'italian-american'? perhaps a translation issue.
aside from a ton of weed leaving port of mtl at some point any connection back to canada is pretty small. not sure where dope originated from but if it wasnt grown in qc or ontario illegally i would be shocked.

however what these articles do show is that the 'ndrangheta and the camorra were working together to import large amounts of cannabis. some from canada, some from ecuador. annunziata in this context is one of several middle men involved...NOT A LEADER of a distinct clan.

annunziata we are told once worked under agostino cuntrera. this ended with his 2010 murder and there is no evidence this alliance continued under liborio cuntrera. also a ref to being close to salvatore cazzetta? dont know where this oroginates from except the original 2019 la presse article claiming the annunziata were a discreet mostly unknown clan.

at most this series of arrests shows a working alliance between a 'ndrangheta group and a camorra group with a tacit link back to canada.

Here's the thing Vito. In The Sixth Family, they did this thing where they counted a lot of .... I guess independent operators in gambling, drugs ect as like Rizzuto crews. At one point in the book they have the Rizzutos with like 15 crews in Ontario alone under Panepinto. But I think in actuality they were more like independent groups PARTNERED with Vito. And I think they were very specifically partners with VITO, the man. I'm not so sure about being in obligation to the " Montreal Mafia" the organization. These Annunziatas might be broker types, without having a large street presence. But are they " IN" the actual mafia? Or a ratified family in its own right? Its an Open question.....Were they made in NY, or Sicily? Probably not....right? If they are in fact products of local Organized Crime, again creatures of Montreal? If they are essentially drug brokers, they might work for/with multiple different groups, but who do they owe allegiance to? Same with that Roberto Scoppa bust...

These Annunziatas must be creatures of Montreal? Right? They don't come from New York, or the Rizzutos Agrigento/ Siculiana strongholds, right? So the connecting tissue, beyond the Italian heritage, is the actual operations.

You don't think it possible they are independent/mafia connected brokers? This in the eyes of the journalist is what I think they are categorizing as a clan. Clan just means some family members dedicated to criminal operations. Like the Scoppas were a " clan" of 2. To me its no big deal.

Don't take this as evidence of the Annunziata Family.

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 05/11/24 03:34 AM.