Originally Posted by NYMafia
Yes, Rush, to my knowledge they generally got along. After all, they were both situated in the midwest area.

But as I mentioned earlier, who the Zerilli Family was always closest to was the Joseph Profaci Family. If memory serves me, Zerilli's son Anthony, married Profaci's daughter. Joe Bonanno's Family was also very close to Detroit for the very same reason....intermarriage between the Zerilli, Profaci and Bonanno Families. Those three crews were always "compare"

Joe Bonanno's son, Bill, married into Joe Profaci's blood family when Bill married Rosalie Profaci (the daughter of Joe's brother, Sal Profaci,) thereby bonding the Profaci & Bonanno clans (and hence, their crime families) together. They were powerhouses in their own right, but after the intermarriages, the Zerilli and Profaci and Bonanno clans became a triumphant of deadly Cosa Nostra royalty and power.

I just remembered that a second Profaci daughter, married another son, of Detroit Family royalty. She married the son of Guglielmo (Black Bill) Tocco, who, as most of you know, was the longtime partner and underboss (and relative) of boss Joe Zerilli.

This REALLY placed the Joseph Zerilli Family, or "Detroit Partnership," in great standing with New York. Not only among the Profaci and Bonanno Families, per se. But also among their peers on the NY "Commission" and with all the other formidable "Castellammarese" clans throughout the nation...It was a very powerful underworld alliance.

You must remember also, that long after Joe Profaci's death, Joe Bonanno's expulsion, and Joe Zerilli's death, the "ties" established between the three families always remained through the close bonds of Sal Profaci and his brothers and sisters and cousins (Joe's children and nephews, etc) and Zerilli and Tocco sons and relatives, who were all now related to one another through marriage.

When you stop to really think about it, its a very interesting dynamic.