From the point when Monteleone became boss until his death, both the Chinatown and Cicero crews were constantly "in charge" of the Outfit, especially when they took over all southern suburbs and Lake County, after the "deaths" of the Chi Heights and North Side crews. For example, in 1995 or 96 the capo of the Cicero crew Spano Sr once said to one informant that Monteleone is his boss (Spanos boss) and also boss of the whole Outfit. The Cicero-Chinatown reign was disrupted with Tornabene and Marcello, mainly because Cicero's Spano Sr was indicted the same year when Monteleone died and later was sent to jail, and so he wasnt able to take the leadership. Thats why they eiminated both Chiaramonti and Zizzo (before or during the Family Secrets trials), which signaled the end of Aiuppas and Marcellos south Cicero-MP crew, and so the powerful Sarno- Toots Caruso Jr group was back in action. Now, if in 2006/07 Solly D or Jimmy I (i dont remember) was labelled as capo for the Cicero crew and Toots Caruso Jr also remained in that same position for the Chinatown boys, then it is quite possible that Sarno was the boss. Sarno was very similar to his predecessor Monteleone by keeping the close connection between the two leading crews. I personally dont know what happened after Sarno's imprisonment, although again it is quite possible that the Cicero-Chinatown group was still in charge, meaning if Sarno was previously the boss then he probably placed someone from his own group as leader of the Outfit (for example either DeLaurentis, Cataudella or Caruso). It happened several times in the past like Giancana and Battaglia, Accardo/Ricca and Cerone, or Aiuppa and Carlisi etc.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good