Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by Giacalone
It's been all over the news here. LA is famous for it's high-line heists. I believe a lot of this has to do with how sprawled out the city is, a lot of good escape routes. We also had a $100 million jewelry heist go down 2 years ago, a crime that remains unsolved

Yes LA has a history Mann's Heat was based one those brazen heists.

Mann's commitment to authenticity is evident in every frame of that film, from the meticulously planned heists to the high-pressure showdowns between the criminals and law enforcement. Eddie Bunker was one of Mann's advisors during production

Yes Reservoir Dogs is another one although we only see the mess after the heist LOL.
Have you read No Beast So Fierce or his other novels? They say it's realistic hard-boiled stuff.

No Beast So Fierce is one of my favorite novels. Yeah, it's gritty and reeks of authenticity. Even though the story is fiction, you are basically reading about Bunker's life. Check out my "underrated movies" thread. The very first movie I recommended was Straight Time, which was based on No Beast So Fierce. Check out the trailer if you haven't seen the movie. I've also read Little Boy Blue, but it's not nearly as good as No Beast. Bunker was the real thing. QT and Mann didn't use him for nothing. Nate, the character Jon Voight played in Heat was based on him

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away