Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by British
These days, is there really any benefit in getting made?

Well no,because the mob didnt kill anymore so to be an associate is more easy than 30 - 40 years ago and can easly made money in the shadow and avoid Rico sentences. If you are feared and respected on the streets that is enought.

A tough street kid who can handle his own is hard to come by nowadays in regards to Italian Americans. Most Italian Americans are spoiled with a silver spoon in their mouth from birth. They are not even raised in the city anymore, but in the suburbs to parents who were never in the life to begin with and were also raised in the suburbs. If I'm a mob guy and I find a guy who is from the streets and is loyal thats like finding a diamond. Thats who I want working for me and taking care of shit I don't want to deal with. For example, if someone pisses me off and tries to fuck me over I need someone who's gonna be able to take care of business and represent me well so I am feared and respected.

To be quite honest I am fucking sad for the guys who are still involved in the life. How hard it must be to run shit nowadays with no quality help anymore.

Last edited by RushStreet; 03/28/24 11:55 AM.