Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
I have to say NYMafia, as someone whose originally from that area, I've noticed over the years you've taken an interest in Frank Zito. Cool to me, as I've only heard people that are around my dads age and from that area ever mention him. Salud.

Yes, you happen to be correct, BigTuna93. Good observation. As you know, over the years I've researched all the families. Yet, for a variety of reasons, the Frank Zito Family has become one of my favorites.

My dad, and more specifically my Grandpa had quite a few direct dealings with he and his brother.

So you come from that area? As I researched it, I found Springfield to be an interesting city, with a rich history, especially back in the era when the Zito crew was thriving.

One of my favorites Zito members to research and read about was "capo di decina" Vito Impastato. He was no joke.

Springfield has a ton of history, as its also Abraham Lincolnn's boyhood home. Over the last 20 years, its become kind of run down, and most of the action in that area of the state has moved to Champaign-Urbana, where the University of Illinois is located. Springfield definitely had a good hay day. But yes I am originally from that area, but spent most of my adult life in Chicago. Around Covid we re-located to South Florida. But anyway, my family has been in the construction business for a long time, and I know my grandfather had quite a few dealings with them.

Last edited by Big_Tuna93; 03/27/24 08:49 AM.