Originally Posted by ChiCubs
Very well done! That was a fantastic read. I've always wanted to know more about Accardo's years as capo and who was in his crew. That's usually not written about much, so it was awesome seeing it here.

Great job Toodoped!

Thanks a lot @ChiCubs and also thanks for your support. And yeah, I already said that this article on Accardo is going to be a "little bit" different smile
Originally Posted by Hollander
Respect TD !

I believe Capone inducted Accardo into the Outfit sometime in 1926. I don't know if he was a Cicero guy like Capone.

Thank you too @H! It means a lot.

I think the year of 1926 is too early for Accardo be inducted mainly because Capone was allegedly made sometime around 1928 after the murders of D'Aqila, Yale, Lombardo and Esposito. So I personally believe that Accardo wasnt among the first ten guys which were made by Capone BUT he surely belong to the Capone crew by that time. He acted as first line of defence, while guys like Rio, Ricca, Campagna, Maddox, D'Andrea and Heeney were always close to Capone as personal bodyguards. In fact it was Rio who jumped over Capone when the Northsiders tried to kill him. I think Ricca was also wounded during the attack. Lots of guys were made in 1931 or right before Capone went to jail, such as Battaglia, and so I suspect that Accardo was also made that same year. Also dont forget that Accardo possibly came up under Mafiosi from the Northwest Side such as Capezio and Mangano.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good