Originally Posted by majicrat
what ended the smaller families is what's killing the larger ones, no Italians to choose from. The Italian ghettos disappeared and so did their recruiting pool. End of story

Correct.

The reason why you see what you do with hispanics is because their country is located right next door to America. I mean think about it, you got a 3rd world country that has no opportunity next to a country that is filled with opportunity and also a gigantic demand in drugs. Therefor, there is a huge recruiting pool of Mexicans in America that are willing to be involved in crime over here running drug distribution among other things. Its like the Cuban crime we experienced in 1980. If roles were reversed and it was a bunch of Italians living in Mexico and coming here with no opportunities you would still see a huge recruiting pool of Italians who would be willing to be involved in Organized Crime.

But that is not how it is and the Italians here have become way too civilized and spoiled to even think about becoming a mobster in 2024. Also let me add, why would you want any of those people working for you? They would rat on you in a fucking second if they got locked up. If I'm a mob boss in 2024 I'm enjoying my Golden Years until I die without recruiting any new blood or being involved with these people working for me. The recruiting pool has absolutely gone to shit. Also people wonder "Why doesn't the mob kill anymore?"

Are you kidding me? To expect anyone in this day and age to be able to know how to kill on orders is comical. I don't think there is one guy out there who would even successfully be able to slice someones throat without fucking it up and making a total mess out of it and leaving tons of evidence behind.

Therefore........

THE BOOKS ARE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RushStreet; 03/04/24 05:46 PM.