Originally Posted by RushStreet
Any crews from Louisville, Kentucky? Im sure there was during prohibition.

Look up Filippo Gentile, he was a bootlegger that operated from Louisville, and had operations to Lexington, Newport, Cincinnati, and over the Indiana boarder, some of his people operated night houses, had gambling in Central and part of the western regions of the state. Knew Al Capone, Paul Ricca, Frank Nitti, Frank Costello, Willie Moretti, Frank Todaro, Gaetano Gagliano, Tony Gagliano, Thomas Lucchese, Vito Bonventre, Salvatore Profaci, list goes on, he use to hide mobsters from other cities when they had too much heat or if they needed to get away from the public. I feel he was made, fought deportation all the way up to 1935 and was finally deported. He was the silent owner of the famous S Hilton Hotel in Louisville. When he was deported, Cleveland and Genovese family associates swooped in and took control of Newport and all surrounding areas, Chicago associates gain control or Louisville, and I can not find anything on Lexington to indicate that LCN had operations there after Gentile deportation.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green