Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93

I know you have always maintained that the dislike Giancana had for Cerone was/is exaggerated. I don't know if you're wrong or right. Based on those transcripts, I don't really get a feel either way, as neither guy seems to be expressing any kind of emotion towards the other. Just seems like two guys talking. My opinion comes from Fosco and Mags podcast they used to do on American News Post where they would often claim Giancana and the Taylor St boys thought Cerone was soft and didn't do his own "work." Now, I think both of those guys have axes to grind with certain members of the Outfit (Difronzo brothers, Fratto, and Cerone's kid). Maybe that's just a bad rumor that was passed down? I don't know. I just always assumed there was some truth there. I could be wrong on this, but I believe Accardo pushed very hard to make Cerone UB after Ferraro died, and Giancana was having none of that. Fun discussion either way!

Yes, back in the days more than few myths regarding the Outfit were circling around at the American News Post site, meaning some posters were placing unconfirmed info as facts, followed by Foscos personal hatred towards some Outfit guys (as you already stated), something which makes some of his statements quite doubtful.

Cerone was with the Outfit since the 1930s and I think that he was more of a hitter than a businessman. He together with his two cousins Skippy and James did a lot of work for the Outfit during the old days. In fact, Skippy survived an assassination attempt during the second conflict from the 1940s i think, meaning the so-called Cerone "clan" was quite ruthless.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good