Originally Posted by NYMafia

How long was Giancana in Mexico? Also, did he have any men there, or no?

Aside from Italy, Cuba, Island and possibly South America, I don't think the "American" guys ran any significant crews or sustained rackets out of the country. (I also don't wanna get too far flung with this map)

The Robertos brothers I'm familiar with. Did they continue to operate rackets overseas? Or were they just still receiving money from back home?

For instance, we know that once they returned back to Sicily/Italy, guys like Luciano and Coppola continued and even accelerated their rackets, i.e. narcotics smuggling to the States, counterfeiting, etc.

Do we have info that Roberto or Morgano did the same? Because then that would qualify them as a "satellite"

- Giancana fled to Mexico sometime around 1966 together with his lawyer and mob associate, followed by Giancanas companion and alleged made guy Richard Cain who in turn constantly travelled between Mexico and Chicago but when he got jailed during the late 60s, that same job partially fell on Blasi, mainly because he also had his own problems at the same time. Giancana wasnt the only Chicago guy in Mexico at the time, since also present was Outfit member Nick Circella who in turn was previously deported but also had his own schemes. Circellas brother August was another messenger between Nick, Giancana and the Outfit. Another deported capo Tommy Morgano also visited Mexico during one period and his messenger was North Side member Ernest Sansone. When Cain was released from jail, he again returned to Mexico to assist his boss until he was killed in 1972/73, the same time when Giancana was deported from Mexico to the US. So a lot of stuff went down in Mexico for more than two decades.

- Yes, Central and South America were the Outfits main areas for doing business during the old days and they had members, associates or whole crews who oversaw the operations.

- Dom Roberto was deported to Italy since the early 1930s and from that point on he was constantly visited by his successors and also by some members of the Outfits top admin. Roberto still received income from their ops in the US AND was also involved in important deals, especially the transportation of narcotics (hence the pic of him together Ammiratto and Luciano in Italy). Same as Roberto, Morgano also still received income from the US AND allegedly still controlled his Indiana crew in the US, mainly through Frank Zizzo and Gruttadauro.

- There were also former capos who fled Chicago like Ralph Capone who didnt have crew members anymore but still controlled rackets in certain areas in different states.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good