Havana, let me put it another way for you, ok.

I'm sure there were many knockaround guys from upstate NY who were met, or become friends, with mafiosi from many different cities and states throughout the U.S. Why not? Thats not hard to believe, because through the course of one's lifetime, through sheer happenstance, through blood or mutual friendships, we meet folks, and relationships start.

As a kid through a neighborhood friend who has a cousin of his visiting from Brooklyn (who grows up to become somebody,) as a young man in the U.S. Armed Services where you meet a fellow soldier in your platoon or on your ship who, in later life, becomes a top guy (who you had been friendly with,) through a job, etc., etc.

There are one million-and-one ways for two people to meet. Thats a given, right?

But that does not mean they were "partners" with one another in any activity or business. And even if they were, one individual (out-of-town mafioso) to another individual, does NOT mean his respective Mafia family from out-of-town had no "planted their flag." Thats NOT considered an "incursion" into a territory where a faction of that said Mafia Family is now operating on that territory.

It that were the case, the given benchmark, where Dows it stop? That means that every family potentially operated everywhere. And we know thats not the case.

[/quote]

It would help if you define what you mean by planting a flag

How does it work if for example a professional card cheat is skilled in cheating at high stakes card games or crooked crap games.That guy is, for example, a made guy with the Magaddinos or say the Bonnanos

But he travels with his own little crew of cheats from city to city all over the country, often operating in cities where other families have flags planted
I would assume that there has to be some kind of agreement worked out between his boss and the boss of the family whose flag is planted in each city