Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Havana
Outside families from NYC,NJ and Bufalino, I'd say there were guys in NYS that at least had connections with Chicago,Cleveland,Philadelphia,Pittsburgh, Youngstown,Canada,if those places weren't actually operating in NYS at some point in the Mob's history

I completely agree, Havana. In fact, I'm certain that there were many, many knockaround guys sprinkled throughout NYS who had friendships or connections - loose, formal or otherwise - with guys from a lot of different crews all across the nation.

But that doesn't mean that those out-of-state fellas or families ever put down stakes and did business or operated within NYS, understand what I'm trying to say?

I understand what you are trying to say (BTW I accidently left out the obvious Buffalo). And I agree
But although no flag was planted by some of those families,as you say many NYS knockaround guys might have had friendships or connections ,
.I think you just clarified what I was trying to imply which is that you say some may have been loose,formal or otherwise.My emphasis is on the word "Formal"

To me that means that you aren't ruling out that even if a guy hung with and associated or partnered with guys from the Bufalinos or Maggadinos,etc that they may well have been made guys in places with no flag planted in NYS like Chicago,Cleveland,etc or been in one of the mafias in Italy

Likewise,would you agree that a guy who for example lives in Binghamton,associates and has partnerships with Binghamton or Bufalino Family could actually be made with one of the 5 Families or Maggadino, or NJ or some other family that does have a flag planted in NYS ?