Originally Posted by Lana
Here's the thing Extracts:
Originally Posted by Turnbull
He knew he could never be considered “legitimate” in society” and “I don't apologize -- that's my life” [emphasis added]
but burdened Michael with Vito's goal for Michael to be “legitimate” in society” and Michael's driving force and obsession “to be the biggest power in US [and Havana] gambling —legal and illegal” Bigger than US Steel Thanks! Pop

I reckon, the family under Michael was "legitimate" he had achieved the semblance of the "legitimacy" it ever going to be.... successful businessman, philanthropist and as We see in GFIII more "legitimate" than ever

Michael's "legitimate" front was the Elephant in the room and as we saw people were not treating him as crime boss to his face and going along with it -- Senator attending Anthony's party, Mr. Wonderful by the Sierra Boys Choir, Plaque, Roth's birthday party, Superman club

Who didn't know who Michael's father was? Who Michael is?
New York City police Captain and a man named Virgil Sollozzo -- Yeah, I heard that story....
Baptism massacre No secret

Originally Posted by Lana
after Geary's squeeze and insults “—having a hooker killed [deplorable and Tom too] to blackmail Geary”

Nevadan Senator Geary's arrogance and hubris: Untouchable decent American family man visiting brothels and squeeze
Vito too would have copped the same squeeze and insults from him

Slippery Geary thought he was too smart to let Michael beat him and nearly pulled it off too.
1. kept him totally in the dark about his upcoming Senate hearing
2. the ambiguous rotten apples speech
3. conveniently excusing himself