Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by MafiaStudent
Originally Posted by Toodoped
One of the most infamous women associates was Virginia Hill who in turn worked as "bagman" for the Mob and also worked as "spy" for the Chicago Outfit.

Also as Furio said, some women in Italy acted as messengers between their imprisoned husbands or brothers, or even sometimes acted as bosses for the organization, again in some "connected" role. Maybe Im wrong and probably both Furio and Strax can correct me, but I think these examples were mainly seen in the Camorra...

I just read that about Virginia Hill in a government report. Also, is the woman you're speaking of Maria Licciardi?

If you are talking about women from Italy who were involved in the "Life", i completely forgot their names, meaning you might be right Lisa.

Colosimo's wife Victoria Moresco was also deeply involved in the "Life" together with her brothers.

I think Licciardi was Camorra who took over for her husband and brothers when they went to jail. Also, I think there are lots of instances of women becoming deeply involved with their husband's business. If I recall correctly, Philip Rastelli's wife Connie tried to bribe witnesses who were going to testify against him sometime early in his criminal life. I'm sure there are other examples as well...some very deeply involved as you say, others more peripheral.