GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lana), 467 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Happy 420 #107911
04/22/05 11:13 AM
04/22/05 11:13 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] "Today was a good day!"
- April 20.
But smoking a bit of weed is no big deal if done recreationally. What's wrong with a few mates getting together once a week and getting lifted? [/b][/quote]ahahaa couldnt agree more with u..
And no, I haven't been hearing that MC Solaar. hows it anyway ?

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Happy 420 #107912
04/22/05 04:26 PM
04/22/05 04:26 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Weed is pretty pathetic to get mad at. Hard drugs can easily be criticised, but people who harmlessly smoke up together to get high should not piss people off as bad as it does to some of you guys.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Happy 420 #107913
04/22/05 05:03 PM
04/22/05 05:03 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Marijuana contains over 50% more carcinogenic tars than tobacco and can cause severe lung damage. It also interferes with short-term memory although the permanent brain damage is not yet proven. That's just two of the harms it can cause you.

It is your choice of course whether to use it or not but rather than yourself you also have responsibility toward your loved ones and your kids.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Happy 420 #107914
04/22/05 05:42 PM
04/22/05 05:42 PM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
I have no problem with anyone under the age of twenty-seven. Anybody who continues to smoke into adulthood... I just don't know about that. Seems pretty trashy to me.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Happy 420 #107915
04/22/05 08:29 PM
04/22/05 08:29 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[b] Whats the harm if it is done only every once in a while.
:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Uh-oh. Looks like we have another victim of the "Just Say No!" 90's.
I can't understand why people in today's society have become so judgmental and self righteous. DC, you don't smoke, right? That's fine. That's great, neither do I, but you have absolutely no right to look down on people who do.
You say it's pointless to smoke. Maybe so, but what is the point in calling it stupid? Do you think that you're better and stronger than those that smoke?
Well let me tell you something: We are all weak. We all have something we do or take that helps relieve the pain of everyday life. And what is it that smokers do to you personally? How do they hurt you? Did someone close to you die from a smoke related illness? If so, does that give you the right to be a crusader against smoking?

People have the right to smoke, just like you have the right to critize them. Smoking may be pointless, but so is your critism. [/b][/quote]Ok, for one, don't put words in my mouth. Where the hell in my message do I say I look down on those that smoke. Please, Omar. Do me a favor. Please have your facts straight the next time you try to do a "psycho-analysis" on me. I called smoking stupid. You know why? Because it is, and that's not something that is subject to opinion. Do smokers have the right to smoke? Sure they do, tobacco isn't an illegal substance. But you know, your post is pretty contradictory. I have the right to criticize, yet it's pointless for me to criticize.

Oh yea, and that asinine comment about "did someone close you to die from a smoking related illness?" It has nothing to do with why I'm against it. I'm against it because it's stupid, and pointless. Understand?

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Happy 420 #107916
04/22/05 09:44 PM
04/22/05 09:44 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Marijuana contains over 50% more carcinogenic tars than tobacco and can cause severe lung damage. It also interferes with short-term memory although the permanent brain damage is not yet proven. That's just two of the harms it can cause you.

It is your choice of course whether to use it or not but rather than yourself you also have responsibility toward your loved ones and your kids.
Yes but most people who smoke weed dont do it every day. And even if they did, they wouldnt smoke nearly as much weed in a day as a cig smoker smokes cigs in a day.

And for the record, I am not a cigarette smoker. I am not a stoner either. I will smoke maybe twice a month with friends in a recreational manner. I am not addicted and I do not see anything wrong with this.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Happy 420 #107917
04/22/05 11:00 PM
04/22/05 11:00 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
RB, I can see where you're coming from. You, or anybody else smoking weed in a recreational manner (or all the time) isn't really effect me at all. What you or anyone else does is your business. But its just one of those things where our opinions differ. Don't worry, I don't think you or anyone else who smokes anything as bad people. I just don't do it, is all.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Happy 420 #107918
04/23/05 12:07 AM
04/23/05 12:07 AM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Ok, for one, don't put words in my mouth. Where the hell in my message do I say I look down on those that smoke. Please, Omar. Do me a favor. Please have your facts straight the next time you try to do a "psycho-analysis" on me. I called smoking stupid. You know why? Because it is, and that's not something that is subject to opinion. Do smokers have the right to smoke? Sure they do, tobacco isn't an illegal substance. But you know, your post is pretty contradictory. I have the right to criticize, yet it's pointless for me to criticize.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your words. Basically you said the act of smoking is stupid. Wouldn't that also mean (to you) that those who commit the act of smoking are in fact, stupid?
And that was hardly a psycho-analysis, but I'm sure I could arrange that.

You say smoking is stupid and that it is not subject to opinion? THAT is an asinine comment.
Just because you think it is stupid, means that is irrefutable?
Why is it stupid to you? Because it's dangerous to the smoker (and not to you I might add)? Is everything that is dangerous stupid to you? Where do you draw the line?

How am I not myself?
Re: Happy 420 #107919
04/23/05 01:34 AM
04/23/05 01:34 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Let's say I'm not so liberal in this matter. Suppose now you do it twice a week. What if due to a bad event in your life you increase the amount? If a first timer goes toward smoking to get a relief chances are he coughs so hard to turn blue and never check it out again. But if you are used to once or twice a week you can get addicted really easily.

And to Omar: One puts money in the pocket of drug dealers to smoke something harmful to him. That does not sound smart to me. This is my opinion. If someone wants to do something like that, it's their choice. But it is also my choice to think about them however I want.

To me smoking weeds doesn't fall in the category of recreational activities. If I find out my partner does such a thing, our relationship is an ended story right then and there. My stand on drugs even on small amounts of weeds: A no-no. I'm blindly conservative on this issue.

Re: Happy 420 #107920
04/23/05 08:24 AM
04/23/05 08:24 AM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Quote:

And to Omar: One puts money in the pocket of drug dealers to smoke something harmful to him. That does not sound smart to me. This is my opinion. If someone wants to do something like that, it's their choice. But it is also my choice to think about them however I want.

I've been refering to cigarettes the whole time.
Yes, it's your choice to feel however you want, but they are doing nothing to you in the long run.

How am I not myself?
Re: Happy 420 #107921
04/23/05 10:00 AM
04/23/05 10:00 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b]Ok, for one, don't put words in my mouth. Where the hell in my message do I say I look down on those that smoke. Please, Omar. Do me a favor. Please have your facts straight the next time you try to do a "psycho-analysis" on me. I called smoking stupid. You know why? Because it is, and that's not something that is subject to opinion. Do smokers have the right to smoke? Sure they do, tobacco isn't an illegal substance. But you know, your post is pretty contradictory. I have the right to criticize, yet it's pointless for me to criticize.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your words. Basically you said the act of smoking is stupid. Wouldn't that also mean (to you) that those who commit the act of smoking are in fact, stupid?

You say smoking is stupid and that it is not subject to opinion? THAT is an asinine comment.
Just because you think it is stupid, means that is irrefutable?
Why is it stupid to you? Because it's dangerous to the smoker (and not to you I might add)? Is everything that is dangerous stupid to you? Where do you draw the line? [/b][/quote]I don't think smokers, as human beings, are stupid people. But I do think that they're making a stupid decision to smoke.

No, everything that is dangerous is not stupid to me, although I can see where you may have come up with that. Smoking a cigarette isn't something that you can compare to, say, sky diving. People who sky dive do it for the thrill, because its exciting, because they're risking life and limb. No one can tell me that they smoke a cigarette for "the thrill, the excitement." Smoking is stupid. To some, sky diving or bungee jumping is stupid, and to that, I say "to each his own." But smoking falls under a whole new category of stupid. You may find it asinine that I say that the stupidity of smoking isn't subject to opinion, but I challenge you. Give me one good reason to smoke, give me one reason suggesting that it isn't stupid. (And I'm talking tobacco here. Exclude everything else that's smokable.)

Re: Happy 420 #107922
04/23/05 10:38 AM
04/23/05 10:38 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Man, how did such a friendly topic devolve into this?

I gotta agree with XDC here, smoking is stupid. I enjoy a cigar from time to time, and I, for some reason, love to smoke cigarettes when I'm drinking, but I'll be the first to admit that these are very stupid things to do. There are absolutely no possitive effects whatsoever. People say they smoke because it's calming, but, in actuallity smoking increases the blood pressure and makes it more difficult to breathe. The only reason it's calming is because it's feeding an adiction.

Smoking cigarettes, weed, or stogies once in a while? Still bad for you, bottom line. I enjoy it (except for weed, never could get into that), but I certainly agree that it is a stupid, stupid thing to do.

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Happy 420 #107923
04/23/05 04:19 PM
04/23/05 04:19 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I also hate cigs. Pot smokers don't bother me so much.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Happy 420 #107924
04/24/05 11:48 AM
04/24/05 11:48 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Underboss
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:

Smoking cigarettes is ten times worse than smoking marijuana. Here is something I found on the net and thought it would be interesting to share:

* Marijuana smokers generally don't chain smoke, and so they smoke less. (Marijuana is not physically addictive like tobacco.) The more potent marijuana is, the less a smoker will use at a time.

* Tobacco contains nicotine, and marijuana doesn't. Nicotine may harden the arteries and may be responsible for much of the heart disease caused by tobacco. New research has found that it may also cause a lot of the cancer in tobacco smokers and people who live or work where tobacco is smoked. This is because it breaks down into a cancer causing chemical called `N Nitrosamine' when it is burned (and maybe even while it is inside the body as well.)

* Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.

* There are benefits from marijuana (besides bronchial dilation) that you don't get from tobacco. Mainly, marijuana makes you relax, which improves your health and well-being.

* Scientists do not really know what it is that causes malignant lung cancer in tobacco. Many think it may be a substance known as Lead 210. Of course, there are many other theories as to what does cause cancer, but if this is true, it is easy to see why NO CASE OF LUNG CANCER RESULTING FROM MARIJUANA USE ALONE HAS EVER BEEN DOCUMENTED, because tobacco contains much more of this substance than marijuana.

* Marijuana laws make it harder to use marijuana without damaging your body. Water-pipes are illegal in many states. Filtered cigarettes, vaporizers, and inhalers have to be mass produced, which is hard to arrange `underground.' People don't eat marijuana often because you need more to get as high that way, and it isn't cheap or easy to get (which is the reason why some people will stoop to smoking leaves.) This may sound funny to you -- but the more legal marijuana gets, the safer it is.

Re: Happy 420 #107925
04/24/05 01:37 PM
04/24/05 01:37 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
There's definately a great debate for and against Marijuana. My strongest point for not using drugs, and I think this was earlier said by Afsaneh, is that the money goes to the drug dealers on the street. If you go further along the supply chain you may feel guilty for providing funds to terrorists. This is a whole other debate on legalising it.

One point that has been missed is the difference of marijuana out there. Those smoking the cheapest resins are getting the highest intake of plastics and chemicals compared to the medical marijuana 'green' out there.

On the legalisation and therefore government controlled debate I'm still undecided. I still don't see any harm in the recreational use of weed. It makes Monopoly a hell of a lot more exciting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
People don't eat marijuana often because you need more to get as high that way, and it isn't cheap or easy to get (which is the reason why some people will stoop to smoking leaves
I'm unsure on your other facts because I hear something different each week regarding the effects of weed. But this one, especially if you're consider cheap resin is wrong in my experience. Oral intake seems to have a more powerful effect and stays in your blood stream a lot longer. You get mashed for hours.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Happy 420 #107926
04/24/05 01:50 PM
04/24/05 01:50 PM
Thailand/Brazil
Underboss
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
There's definately a great debate for and against Marijuana. My strongest point for not using drugs, and I think this was earlier said by Afsaneh, is that the money goes to the drug dealers on the street. If you go further along the supply chain you may feel guilty for providing funds to terrorists. This is a whole other debate on legalising it.

One point that has been missed is the difference of marijuana out there. Those smoking the cheapest resins are getting the highest intake of plastics and chemicals compared to the medical marijuana 'green' out there.

On the legalisation and therefore government controlled debate I'm still undecided. I still don't see any harm in the recreational use of weed. It makes Monopoly a hell of a lot more exciting.

[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] People don't eat marijuana often because you need more to get as high that way, and it isn't cheap or easy to get (which is the reason why some people will stoop to smoking leaves
I'm unsure on your other facts because I hear something different each week regarding the effects of weed. But this one, especially if you're consider cheap resin is wrong in my experience. Oral intake seems to have a more powerful effect and stays in your blood stream a lot longer. You get mashed for hours. [/b][/quote]Yes, you're true Mr Turi. Actually i just copied/paste that whole thing from this site http://www.erowid.org and didn't notice that lil spot after i already posted it. But I agree; im sure eating weed brownies can get u pretty bent for more than 4 hours.

Re: Happy 420 #107927
04/24/05 03:09 PM
04/24/05 03:09 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I would not get my facts from those who try to promote drugs. When it is my health, I'd be more careful to consider the source.

Quote:
A study by the British Lung Foundation found that just three cannabis joints a day cause the same damage as 20 cigarettes.
Dame Helena Shovelton, chief executive of the British Lung Foundation, said: "Puff and inhalation volume with cannabis is up to four times higher than with tobacco - in other words you inhale deeper and hold your breath with the smoke for longer before exhaling.
"This result in more poisonous carbon monoxide and tar entering into the lungs."
Source: BBC

And just for the record, I never said smoking cigarettes is okay. It is legal and it does not make you high. Other than that I don't see how it is any better than weeds. You waste you money on both and it can kill you on the long run.

Re: Happy 420 #107928
04/24/05 06:50 PM
04/24/05 06:50 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
Seriously people... Smoking is completely uncool. Inhalents and needle-drugs are the way to go!

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Happy 420 #107929
04/30/05 03:39 PM
04/30/05 03:39 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I missed this whole debate.

I am marijuana smoker. I smoke bud about once a week with my friends. I obviously do not see a problem with it. I am still able to function normally. I play three sports, and pot does not in anyway negativley affect my abilities.

Last night I had a close call. After my baseball game, I had about 10 kids over my house while my parents went out to dinner. There we were, sitting at my kitchen table (listening to Bob Marley), rolling four blunts when I heard the garage door open. Needless to say, we scrambled out my backdoor very quickly.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull