Originally Posted by majicrat
I seriously doubt Al Capone reported to, or listened to anyone. If you mean after him Chicago reported to NY I guess it could be. Again, I doubt it. Doesn’t make sense and just out of curiosity, why would they? NY gonna send an army from their five families to put them in line? I would think Chicago simply played nice and told NY stay out of their rackets and they’d stay out of theirs. I don’t buy into they were under anyone. Too many tough real gangsters to acquiesce to NY. History tells us what happened when Bonnano messed with them and the lack of respect the had for him in particular. Happy New Year all.

I get your point and you're right to an extent, but again according to Gentile, Capone kicked up huge percentage to the Masseria clan before he was made. Story goes that D'Aquillas rep Lombardo became mad and told Capone not to pay any cash to the Masserias, obviously because he wasnt a member. So sometime around 1928 Capone was made by Masseria after eliminating Yale, Lombardo and Diamond Joe. In fact Capone became a capo with the power to choose his own ten made guys. By 1931/1932 Chicago received their own seat on the commission with their own vote, aside from the Masseria/Luciano/Genovese family, although the close connection between the two families continued to exist during the next 6 or 7 decades.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good