Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by Toodoped
I agree with @Giacalone. We are talking about people who kill or steal, just so they can go up in some stupid and deceiving organization. And yeah union guys can be evil too because they are able to steal from the workers mouth, same as gamblers who destroy whole families and do terrible things because of their debts. In fact thats how rats are born. Now THATs silly. Lol

Well said. Also, one of the worst things the mob is guilty of is extorting legitimate people. Yes, some came to them for protection and certain favors, but many didn't. We are talking about good people who really didn't do anything wrong except live in a mobbed up area of town. These are things a lot of mob groupies refuse to talk about

that (the systematic extortion)is a prerogative of the Italian mafia, especially Cosa Nostra but also Ndrangheta and Camorra

Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by jace
I am with Toodoped on this one. This is an evil life and should not be celebrated. If you agree with that, you should also understand that the mob would still be flourishing if it weren't for the cooperators. You can debate until you're blue in the face about what type of people cooperators are, but you can't deny the facts. No one is rooting for the cooperators (who are also criminals and sociopaths), but rooting for the mob is just retarded.

Not everyone in it is evil, that's silly. Bookies, numbers runners, even union guys, most are good. Who bets? Are they evil too? The rats tend to be the ones who were evil, yet they walk free, plus lie by saying what they are told to say for their deal to walk free. LE has always leaked stories to news reporters that exaggerate only the worst of the life, suckers eat it up as truth.

I never called the guys evil. I said the life was evil. There have been plenty of people who became part of the street who were essentially good guys

Bingo! And in the old days, maybe not so much nowadays, but in the old days...back in the early 1900s thru the 1950s era, many guys grew up in a poverty few of us could even imagine today.

So it might have not been a "pass" per se, but there was a damn good reason why many of them went into the line of "work" they did.

In the year approaching 2024? Not so much!